TWD [Rick X Reader]

Imagine wanting to leave, but your best friend Rick finally admits that he loves you right before you leave.

. .

. .

You have been with the group since the beginning, learning and growing alongside Rick, Daryl, Carol, and Glenn. You were there to see everyone go from butting heads to calling each other family. You stuck it out through the ups and downs, watched as families were reunited and torn apart, and grinned as individuals could find love in such an ugly world.

And even though the years did their best to harden you, the others in the group did their best to make sure everyone kept level heads and didn't lose too much of their spirit that kept them human. Rick, as much as he could, kept you sane most days. Him and Carl and baby Judith. Daryl too, but he was mostly teasing you about how you seemed to adopt the Grimes family and protected them above all else.

But then you were taken to Alexandria- the town who had it's fair share of losses and then quickly erected walls around the place to restore some sort of semblance of life from before. The place seemed too good to be true and thankfully you weren't the only one to realize it. Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Glenn, and Carol all saw the signs and were ready to completely take over if push came to shove. Fortunately and unfortunately, Deanna soon saw reason and let Rick call the shots after the death of her husband.

You've now spent months in Alexandria and though you should be grateful for the safety and comfort your family now has, you only feel as if the skills you learned on the outside are slowly dulling. So the first time you slip up on a run-of-the-mill scavenging trip with Daryl, you seriously reconsider your option of leaving to be out on your own.

 So the first time you slip up on a run-of-the-mill scavenging trip with Daryl, you seriously reconsider your option of leaving to be out on your own

Sitting on a blanket near the town pond, you keep a watchful eye over Judith as she plays with her blocks. Normally the sight of her and the sound of her laughter would bring a smile to your face, but lately it's taken all you've got to not just drop everything and disappear in the middle of the night.

Someone screams off in the distance, followed by another blood-curdling scream and gunfire. You're immediately up on your feet, snatching up Judith from the ground and settling her on your hip as you start off in a jog towards your house. But halfway there you bump into Carol.

"Take Judith and barricade yourselves in the house."

"What's going on?"

"Intruders. Now go!"

"Carol!" The woman takes off in a sprint, pulling up a bandanna over the bottom half of her face and you curse quietly under your breath. Someone screams, this time a lot closer, and you glance down the street to see a fellow townie take an axe to the chest. "Shit."

You manage to make it to your house, only to find the door locked. Frantically pounding on it and shouting, the door is quickly opened and Carl yanks you inside. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"