Marvel [Bucky X Reader]

Imagine also being a HYDRA experiment and during a fight against Bucky you both remember your intertwined past.

. .

. .

With the Avengers blatantly putting Bucky Barnes on the front lines of their little hero group and rubbing it in HYDRA's face that they'd stolen their most prized weapon, HYDRA made it their sole mission to take back what was theirs. But in doing so they'd need their second most effective weapon and no one knew how effective she'd actually be since she's been on the ice for several years.

"Are you sure this is wise?" the Doctor asks his leader. "The last time Asset 511 was awake, she and the Soldier-"

"Just do it. She's going to get a clean slate when she's fully awake. And if the Soldier couldn't properly even remember the Widow, what makes you think he's going to remember Asset 511?"

The doctor frowns as he watches the cryogenically frozen face of Asset 511 through a small window. "I'm still not sure-"

But the doctor doesn't get to finish his thought because his leader pulls out a gun and shoots the man point blank in the back of his head. He tuts as the doctor falls to the ground like a puppet with it's strings cut. "Well if you won't wake her, then I'll find someone who will."

Punch

Punch. Kick. Dodge. Dive.

Block. Grasp a hilt. Slash and stab.

Punch, punch. Stab. Dodge. Stab.

[Contain Asset 310 by any means necessary.]

The mission runs over and over in your mind, and you can do nothing but follow orders.

"Barnes! That's enough. End it already and lets go."

You twirl underneath the outstretched arm, grasping at the non-metal arm to keep it up in the air while punching repeatedly at his exposed ribs. The Asset grunts before grabbing you by the nape of your neck and tossing you several feet away.

"I can't. She's- she's like me. I think."

"What? You mean like a Winter Soldier?" Crossbow guy asks, incredulously. "How do you figure?"

Asset 310 huffs. "Well the mask, for one. And she's abnormally strong. Just like me."

"Shit." Standing up, you crack your neck menacingly while turning on the balls of your feet. Glaring at the Asset, you stalk towards him once more. "Yep. She's a Soldier all right. She's even got the murder strut going on."

Grasping the butt of a gun that'd been stashed at the small of your back, you whip it out and take aim. Pulling the trigger once, twice, three times sees each and every bullet deflected off the Asset's metal arm. Trying to then pistol whip the Asset proves to do nothing, it only earning you a slap to the wrist that makes you drop your weapon and then a metal hand wrapped around your throat.