Harry Potter [Gen Fic X Reader]

Imagine your best friends, Remus and Sirius, staring at you from the other side of the room, finding you beautiful.

. .

. .

Chewing nervously on the corner of your lip, you stare at your reflection while smoothing down the fabric of your dress. The sparkling, deep red material brings a small smile to your face but the plunging v-shaped neckline makes you nervous. Though you've been groomed to be the perfect lady and know the in and outs of pureblood society, getting dolled up for arrogant gits of the Wizarding world is not something you're looking forward to.

A knock sounds on your bedroom door and you turn around. "Come in," you call out.

Professor McGonagall- er, Minerva- enters and your appearance momentarily stuns her. "Oh, Y/N," she smiles and chuckles softly. "You are absolutely beautiful."

"Minnie," you grin, using the nickname Sirius dubbed her with in your Hogwarts days. "You flatter me."

"All true words, my dear." She stops just before you and grabs both your hands within hers. Then spreading your arms wide, she oohs and awws at the splendid picture you paint. Letting your hands drop, she then reaches up to un-tuck the loose tendrils of hair from behind your ears to messily frame your face while the rest is all tucked in a bun at the nape of your neck. "Do you remember what you are to do tonight?"

You gulp and nod. "Eyes and ears open. The Order needs to know who truly is loyal to the cause and who is not."

Smiling sadly, Minerva tersely nods. "I am so very sorry to pull you into the Order, but-"

"It's fine. I'm unfamiliar, I know," you cut her off, not un-kindly. "People will not be wary of speaking freely around me because they've no idea where my loyalties really lie."

"Yes, well.." It seems Minerva wants to say more, but she shakes her head and smiles tightly. "It's time to head downstairs now. You should be leaving soon."

"Right." Inhaling deeply, you then exhale slowly. With one last smile and a squeeze to the wrist from Minerva, you gather the skirt of your dress in hand and slightly lift it to be able to walk without fear of tripping on the hem.

Grimmauld Place isn't your favorite place to be, but it's Sirius' current place of residence so you'll bravely walk the dimly lit hallways and stairs if it means you can see his ugly mug, and Remus. You had been close with the Marauders during school and grew even closer during War. But then your family whisked you away in the middle of the night and you only returned once word of Sirius' breakout came to light and Remus Lupin suddenly made a re-appearance as well.

Walking quietly by Walburga's portrait, you hold your breath as you pass it and then sigh in relief when she doesn't start screeching. Then entering the kitchen, the sight of your two best friends with their heads huddled close brings a smile to your face. They take immediate notice of someone's presence and their expressions morphing into awed shock makes you roll your eyes as you near them.

 They take immediate notice of someone's presence and their expressions morphing into awed shock makes you roll your eyes as you near them

"Not. A. Word."

"Beautiful."

"Gorgeous."

"That's two, you gits."

Sirius smirks. "If I knew you wouldn't hex the family jewels, I'd bend you over the table and-"

Your nose wrinkles and then you huff when Remus smacks him upside the head. "Thanks, Moony."

"You're welcome. But you do know, he's not wrong."

As you groan, Sirius barks out a sharp laugh. Both wizards continue to stare at you and you fidget under their gazes. Grateful that your dress comes with pockets, you shove your hands in them and nervously chew on the corner of your lip once more. Eventually, you sigh. "Can you two say something? Anything?! You're making me nervous."

"Sorry, kitten," Sirius then says. "It's just- you're in a dress. We're used to jumpers and jeans and jean shorts that used to scandalize the old biddies when we were younger."

"It's a good change," Remus remarks, clearing his throat. "Very good change. We're just stunned, is all."

"Yes, well, commit it to your memories, boys." You look down and flare out the skirt of your dress a bit before letting it fall. "I really hope the Order doesn't need any more favours that involve me infiltrating pureblood society functions after tonight."

There's a flash of light and you glance up in surprise. Sirius is cheekily smiling, a wizarding camera in hand. "What?" He feigns innocence. "Pictures last longer."

"I swear to Morgana, Pads, if I find out you're wanking to an image of my cleavage I will murder you as you sleep." Remus shakes with silent laughter as Sirius attempts to give you his version of puppy eyes and you roll your eyes in response, chuckling softly. Finding your black clutch on a side table, you swipe it up and then head for the floo. "Do wait up, boys. I'm sure I'll have much to complain about when I get home."

"Knock 'em dead, sweetheart."

"And remember," Sirius smirks, "you're the prettiest little witch in the bunch. Have fun!"