The Bet

Minhyuk enters the school cafeteria and walks straight towards their table. Kihyun, Wonho and Changkyun are already waiting for him He lets out a deep sigh as he sits down and stares at his plate.

"What's wrong Minmin?"

Changkyun asks, pinching the elder's cheek until Kihyun pulls him away. He sends death glares at Minhyuk as if it was his fault that Changkyun touched him. But that's just the way Kihyun is; 24/7 jealous. Changkyun is only allowed to look at him, he can't even speak to others without having Kihyun interrupting them. Minhyuk doesn't even understand how they are in a happy relationship. However Changkyun really seems happier since he's together with Kihyun and as his ex-boyfriend Minhyuk can confirm that it's the truth.

"Nothing."

He mumbles and takes a bite but puts his sandwich away right after.

"My boss just called and...I'm fired. I probably won't have enough money to join our trip to Lotte World."

Kihyun puts his arm around Changkyun and kisses his cheek. The latter giggles and searches for the elder's lips, kissing him passionately. They don't even listen to Minhyuk.

"Oh Minhyuk. That's the third in two weeks. What the hell are you doing?"

Wonho lets out a laugh and pats his shoulder.

"Come on. We'll find a way for you."

Minhyuk shrugs his shoulders, his eyes fixed on Chanhkyun and Kihyun. He slams his fist on the table and arouses their attention.

"Can't you stop? I'm not in the mood for your lovey-dovey acting."

Kihyun rolls his eyes and pulls Changkyun demonstratively closer, whispering into his ear and turning him into a giggling and soft mess. For most of the times Minhyuk has gotten used to it. It was hard at first. Almost right after their breakup Kihyun and Changkyun got together. They never told Kihyun that he and Changkyun had been a couple before. And it's not like Minhyuk has still feelings for Changkyun but it still annoys him.

"Hey guys, look."

We turn around and see a tall, slender person entering the cafeteria and sitting down on a table far away from ours. He is alone.

"It's been weeks. How come he still has no friends?"

Minhyuk moves his head around and looks at Wonho.

"He has rejected everyone who tried. I mean he even rejected Changkyun. Not a lot of people do that."

Minhyuk ruffles his hand through the latter's hair and he chuckles softly. Of course Kihyun didn't like it. His expression darkens and Minhyuk smirks at him in return. That's the way they tease each other. Daily.

"But he's tall and handsome and clever. I don't get it. Why would someone like him want to be alone?"

Wonho mumbles, absorbed in his own thoughts. But he was right. Hyungwon is tall, handsome, the best in our grade. Boys and girls love and cherish him like a god even though he has rejected them all. Minhyuk turns around again and gazes at him. Hyungwon is reading a book while eating his salad. Healthy and literate.

"Maybe he thinks he's too good for friends."

Minhyuk then says and takes a bite of his sandwich. Wonho bites his lip and starts smiling.

"Minhyuk, I know a solution for your money problem."

He raises his eyebrows and puts down the food.

"I'm listening."

Changkyun and Kihyun are still not listening. They are too deep down each other's throats to even realise what happens around them. Wonho leans forward and Minhyuk comes closer too.

"A bet."

"About?"

He points at Hyungwon.

"Become his friend within two weeks. If you do, I'll pay your ticket and Changkyun and Kihyun pay the transfer costs."

Minhyuk's eyes glisten but he bites his lips in doubt. His gaze wanders to the slender boy, who's now done eating his salad.

"I'm not sure. I don't want to be fake."

"You don't have to. Look, if you become his friend you're doing him a favour! Right guys?"

Wonho nudges Kihyun and Changkyun. Kihyun pushes him away without letting go of Changkyun's lips. Wonho lets out a sigh and shakes his head.

"Come on Minhyuk. Will you accept this bet?"

Wonho holds out his hand, patiently waiting for Minhyuk to take it. The latter though seems unsure. He needs to go on this trip but does he really want to act like a friend to that stranger? Minhyuk never had problems in making friends but that slender boy didn't seem like someone comfortable to be around, especially if he rejects everyone to be on his own. That way it will be really hard to win the bet. Minhyuk sighs and takes Wonho's hand. But it's a way to challenge himself and maybe find a real friend in Hyungwon.

"Fine."

"Then today is day one. Your mission starts in the next break."

"Mission?"

Changkyun asks, his breath still shaking and his hands in Kihyun's hair, playing with single strands, both of their lips swollen from all the kisses and their cheeks red from their own heat.

"Minhyuk will befriend our handsome stranger Hyungwon. And as a reward we'll pay the trip for him."

"We?!"

Kihyun screams excessively shocked at Wonho, holding his hand on his heart. Minhyuk rolls his eyes at the unnecessary dramatic acting.

"Yes you two are going to pay for the transfer and I'll take the ticket."

Wonho explains and Kihyun groans loudly.

"Why do I have to pay for him. because of your stupid bet?"

Maybe it seems as if Kihyun and Minhyuk hate each other but that's not the case. Not always at least. No, they are all friends although Kihyun loved to tease Minhyuk and Minhyuk loved to tease him back. They annoy each other and rant about their bad behaviour later.

"Then don't pay. Kyun will pay for me, right?"

Minhyuk placed his hand on Changkyun's cheek, looking directly into Kihyun's eyes who only sends death glares back.

"Of course!"

Changkyun screams excitingly and leans his head against Minhyuk's shoulder. Kihyun slowly clenches his fist, his anger and jealousy increasing rapidly.

"See? My baby Kyun will pay for me."

Just to tease him, Minhyuk places his lips on Changkyun's forehead giving him a soft kiss. Kihyun jumps up and pulls Changkyun up too, dragging him away from the table. Wonho takes a deep breath.

"Can't you please stop. I'm feeling very lonely here."

Minhyuk giggles.

"Sorry Wonho. I'll have english now. See you later."

"Minhyuk?"

"Hm?"

"Don't forget the mission."

Just as Wonho finished his sentence Hyungwon walks by, glancing shortly at Minhyuk and then walking into the school hall. Minhyuk bites his lips.

"Sure."

He mumbles and follows the slender boy to the classroom. English is their only shared lesson and he uses the time to observe him carefully.