Day Four - Thursday

It's the second break, Minhyuk has just finished writing his four hour exam when he enters the cafeteria, searching for the slender boy to tell him that he really aced the exam just like Hyungwon said but as his gaze wanders through the big hall full of students eating their unhealthy meals, he's nowhere to be found.

"Hm...Strange."

Minhyuk walks towards Kihyun, who surprisingly sits alone at their table. He's eating in silence, his head slowly rising when Minhyuk approaches.

"Where are the others?"

He shrugs his shoulders and keeps his eyes on the food. Minhyuk sits down and starts eating, too. He examines Kihyun. Something's different. And it's more than just the fact that he's not making out with Changkyun. No, there's more.

"Everything okay?"

Kihyun shakes his head.

"No."

He mumbles softly and puts down his chopsticks. He lifts his gaze and stares at Minhyuk.

"Changkyun is mad at me."

"What did you do?"

Kihyun bites his lip.

"It's okay. It doesn't matter."

"Come on, tell me. What's wrong?"

He sighs.

"Fine. I asked him to...to take it to the next level. If you know what I mean."

Minhyuk's hands start shivering. His mouth gets dry and he's barely able to swallow his food. Changkyun wouldn't break the promise, would he?

"But he denied. I asked him for a reason, I mean-"

Kihyun scratches the back of his head and lets out a sigh.

"We're together now for over a year. Don't you think-"

"No."

Minhyuk interrupts Kihyun harshly.

"No it's not. Stay away from him and don't you try to touch him."

"What?"

Kihyun scoffs at his statement. He looks up at the ceiling in anger for a second until he gazes back at Minhyuk with fury in his eyes.

"I really don't understand why you always act like that Minhyuk. I know you two are best friends but come on. It's not your business who he decides to sleep with. You're not his boyfriend."

He screams the last sentence at him, not knowing how much it could actually hurt Minhyuk when Changkyun and Wonho suddenly show up.

"Kihyun!"

He quickly gets up, his eyes fixed on the youngest.

"Changkyun."

He completely ignores Kihyun and drags Minhyuk with him around a corner.

"Minmin, I'm so sorry, what Kihyun said-"

"It's okay."

He bites his lip. It's not okay. It hurts. Even after all this time.

"As long as you don't break the promise..."

"I won't!"

Changkyun reassures him and embraces Minhyuk softly.

"I'm sorry."

He whispers again pulling Minhyuk closer and just for a second he misses being with him. He misses their soft cuddling sessions on the weekends, their secret kissing hideouts and them stealing glances in school. He misses all of it for only a second until Changkyun lets go and they return to the table.