Day Five - Friday

Hyungwon enters the cafeteria a bit later than usually. He walks towards his table, his gaze wandering around, searching for Minhyuk and finding him together with his friends at the other end of the cafeteria. For a short second Hyungwon stops and asks himself if he should sit down with them but then he shakes his head and sits down on his own. He bites his lip when he puts the tray on the table. It's different. He feels something that he has never felt before. He feels lonely. His eyes search for Minhyuk again. He's talking to Wonho and they are laughing, while Kihyun and Changkyun make out next to them. He lets out a sigh and stares at his book. His chest tightens when he looks up to see nothing in front of him. He's alone. But this time it doesn't feel right. He turns around once more to look at Minhyuk when he realises that he's gone. Only Wonho is left now with the couple on his right.

"Where are you..."

"Are you searching for me?"

Hyungwon flinches at the sudden voice behind him and turns around to find Minhyuk sitting on his opposite.

"Minhyuk. Geez."

"Did I startle you?"

Hyungwon nods. He remembers the text messages from yesterday and looks down at his tray.

"What do you want to do today? It's friday. We could go to the cinema or an amusment park or-"

"No to all of that."

"Why?"

"Too loud and too many people. I told you that I don't like that."

Minhyuk bites down on his bottom lip.

"Sure..."

His fingers are fiddling with his shirt, while he's searching for a new plan.

"How about visiting the aquarium? I've never been there but I think it's quiet and empty."

Hyungwon nods. He actually has never been to an aquarium either so why not.

"Then let's go there in the evening. I think that's when all the children are gone."

It's silent after that. Minhyuk starts eating his sandwich and Hyungwon concentrates on reading his book. Both of them don't even dare to look at each other, knowing that it will be awkward. Minhyuk regrets sending the text message. He asks himself if he should talk to Hyungwon about it and clarify the situation. But on the other hand, what is there to clarify? He has a crush on Hyungwon and it's true that he thinks the slender boy is cute. And right now he's not ready to confess.

"Minhyuk?"

Hyungwon scratches the back of his neck and puts his book away. He can't concentrate at all because he's constantly thinking about the boy in front of him. He needs to reject him. He has to. He can't fall for him.

"Why don't we stop?"

Minhyuk blinks two times and puts his sandwich back on the tray.

"What?"

His voice is wafter thin. Is this the consequence?

"Minhyuk look, I-"

Hyungwon tries to find the right words but he simply can't. And looking at the sad expression of Minhyuk he doesn't want to anymore.

"N-nevermind."

Hyungwon picks up his book when Minhyuk grabs his hand.

"I'm sorry."

He mumbles and they look into each other's eyes, finding the same kind of regret and the same kind of heart-wrenching hope.

"I think you're cute, okay? That's all. Please don't reject me."