Prologue

C H A P T E R  Z E R O 

  ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.. ─── 

❝ Her eyes resembled mother's, a hidden truth her father had concealed, she didn't know her destiny was written in the stars. That girl is his secret granddaughter . . . and the number eight ❞

S O O Y U N 

THERE WAS A LETTER LAYING there along with some dollars and change slid across the counter. But there was also a postcard as if someone sent it to me.

It can't be—and then I'm interrupted from this heavy silence . . . the grey sky rumbled and opened, pouring rain down the damp streets.

On a cold February, heavy rain poured, racing down the now blurred windows as red, yellow, green lights faintly flicker, and cars honk at one another.  

I'm hesitant to read the letter and the postcard. Just before I grasp for the letter, my phone chimes, so I reach into the depth of the pocket of khaki pants hugging my legs, bringing it to my ear. 

"Father . . . are you okay? This doesn't sound like you."

"Hello, is this Pizza Hut? May I get—"

Instantly recognizing the voice, my mood turns brighter but I reply bitterly. 

"Save it, brother." I snap at him, hanging up, and then I realize he called all the way from South Korea when he's supposedly busy practicing for a comeback.

That wasn't quite nice of me. . . . 

"Hey, Sooyun!"

"What?"

"Soo, please, let me talk to you. "

"You're busy, I'm busy. I'm pretty sure Sehun's asking for you."

What the actual heck did I just say?  

You're reading fanfictions again, you idiot. 

My lips pull into a sheepish smile and all I hear is a muffled laugh as if a hand was covering my brother's mouth from laughing or gasping. Whatever he was about to let out.

"Hey, shush, let me talk to her!" He whispered yelled.

"Big brother misses his sister, how cute," cooed Sehun.

"Shut up, Sehun."

"Can you guys talk one by one, please? I can't understand what's going on." I'm dumbfounded from their conversation over the phone.

Honestly, it's not easy when your brother is a Kpop Idol and here you are a normal girl, fangirl to be exact.

"Nothing . . . nothing, how you've been?" He says casually, whispering words to Sehun.

I don't know what they're talking about, all I just know is the rain and dull weather is never getting any younger, and I desperately want to finish this part-time job, which is, of course, Pizza Hut.

Why in the world of all jobs, Pizza Hut?

"Actually, Sooyun. . . . I've been meaning to tell you this," silence hangs in the air, "I'm taking you back home where you really belong, although it'll be difficult, I already have it all sorted out. And that letter . . . I know who sent it to you."

"How do you know about the letter?"

A/N: So . . . apparently, Hayun is an unorganized girl when writing because she gets too excited and then gets confused. AHAHAHAHAHA  😅 😅 You can get mad at me all you want because this book is being done all over again

This time, I assure you it's all planned out and I am up to no good 😎

When it said Soo . . . [SOOyun] Soo is short for Sooyun 😃 just so there isn't any confusion lol

I'm still processing if it's a good enough chapter, but like this is what was planned and I guess it turned out well? Again, thank you for reading!

If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to click on the star! I also really appreciate honest feedback, so go ahead and be honest! Your comments, seeing you laugh, and smile make my day guys. 

Oh and do remember, I'll only be updating five chapters because I'm still not that active on Wattpad until November. Till then, take care of yourselves, and always! 💖💖💖

Edit: when the text is italicized , it's the person's thoughts or it was in the past. But I'll let you know which is which