Lillies

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───   

  ❝ You can't see my tears, how much my heart has shattered. You can't see that smile that takes the pain away because that pain is shattering me into pieces. But your smile fixes those broken pieces. I can stand up and try one more time   ❞

S O O Y U N

SHE ISN'T DEAD. SHE ISN'T DEAD .  . . how can my father just simply say mother passed away?

If she isn't dead, where on earth would she have gone? Why did she leave us and never return? 

The women that I saw when I was a mere kid wasn't my mother.

"Sooyun . . . Sooyun are you going to sue me now because I am continuously calling out to you?" 

Haeun tugs at the sleeve of my jacket and smiles softly when my gaze turns to her.

We're still in our 1st-period classroom, finished taking our Algebra exam until recently a phone call plus another postcard arrived for me.

"I . . . Haeun you know I can't sue you." 

She sinks into the chair.

A frown replaces her goofy smile and she tries getting me to open up one more time. 

"Is it Bang Si-hyuk again or your secret brother?"

She's right.

It's obvious since I'm staring at the second postcard, recalling the phone call I had with Bang Si-hyuk.

I grasp the postcard between my fingers, grazing it with the pad of my thumb as I flip it over to see where it was sent from.

South Korea, Seoul.

"Sooyun, you aren't possibly thinking. . . . Are you really thinking what I'm thinking you're about to do?"

Her eyes widen at the sudden determination written flat on my forehead and burning in my eyes.

"Whoa whoa okay, slow down. Do you really think going to Pizza Hut is going to solve the case of your mother's disappearance?" 

She's saying this as I bolt out of the chair, raising my hand high in the air, asking to use to the restroom.

Seemingly, of course, she tags along.

 I smirk, knowing how intelligent but sly I am. Which to my advantage is terrific in emergencies.

"You're crazy, Sooyun! This isn't a good idea, it's exam day and no one lets students off the campus unless it's an emergency!" 

Now we're practically speed walking down the silent long hallway, scurrying our way out of the exit doors, running down a flight of stairs, and my feet jolts into a supersonic sprint.