Pizza

C H A P T E R  N I N E

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───      

  ❝ I should sleep but I don't want to. I can't seem to get you off my mind, I can't seem to stop walking, running, leaping, and flying. I can't seem to drop a radiant smile into a frown. I should let go. I think it's that time we spread our wings and face ourselves ❞   

H O S E O K

I MISS MY BLACK HAIR like the color of a raven—strong, bold, and soft, and independent. How it reminded me of the old times when all I wanted to do was dance, leap, spread my wings and fly. Now that we've reached this high, my feet are disparately wanting to be planted on the ground again—not that I don't want to continue flying.

Am I scared?

Yeah, I'm afraid of heights, many things to be exact. 

A hand gently touches my shoulder accompanied with a cheerful, light soft voice echoing in my ear which would make you fall asleep any minute, thanks to—

"Hey, Hoseok, you okay?" Jimin squeezes my shoulder before taking a slice of pizza and turns around. He travels a cheese pizza towards my mouth with a big bright smile plastered across his face, noticing my lips twitching into a slight smile.

I refuse, mouthing a no thank you. However, when my mouth opens, of course, the pizza makes its way into my mouth and I take it from his hands, tilting my head as a thank you.

Jimin tilts his head, his eyes glance down and then up, fully examining my tired features. My dim brown eyes, the brightness coloring my cheeks aren't really visible.

I'm not tired.

I've just been thinking, too much. . . . 

"Hoseok hyung!"Jimin's soft but concerned voice rings a bell to my ear. I turn my attention to him, lifting an eyebrow, looking at him with an equal amount of concern.

He again squeezes my shoulder, peering into the window of my soul till he's got a satisfying answer, yet he didn't get any. Instead, his hand leaves my shoulder, traveling down my arm till he finds my hand. 

I don't know why I feel the sudden urge to cry and everything breaks down when I feel the warmth of his hand over mine, resting there, then his fingers weave through mine. 

He gives my hand a squeeze, curling his lips to a bright smile, and I find myself smiling back.

"Thank you," I whisper into his ear, just leaning slightly so our shoulders are touching and that the fact we're still holding hands. 

He knows if he lets go, I'd break any time soon. So he doesn't let go and we all enjoy our pizza, laugh, smile in our conversation as Jimin squeezes my hand once in a while. That is until Seokjin arrives with a hearty smile.