One

Five Years Later

Deborah

It's been five years and some months since that horrible breakup between Janice and I

It's been five years and some months since that horrible breakup between Janice and I. I cried day and night hoping she'd change her mind about us but days turned to months and months turned into years so I gave up. I went back to school and got my degree in medicine and now I'm one of the best doctors there is. I work specifically with children who suffers from cancer and other deadly diseases.

I often think back to that day and wondered where we would've been if I fought harder for her but why fight for someone who won't fight for you? Since then, I met a wonderful woman named Christina whom I love to the moon and back. We met here at work and hit it off immediately. I plan on marrying her someday but things take time and luckily she's very patient.

"Baby?" my girlfriend called to me. I sat on the patio in deep thought not realizing that it began to rain. I didn't mind it though it helped soothe my nerves.

"Come inside baby before you get sick"

I turned to her and stared at her beautiful face. She was truly an angel sent from above and I'm sure God was listening to my every cry. I studied the way her hair fell in her face carelessly, her lips tucked under her teeth and her blue eyes soft and gentle. She was a masterpiece painted by god himself.

"Hey what's the matter" she came and took a seat on my lap her favorite seat in the entire house

"Hey what's the matter" she came and took a seat on my lap her favorite seat in the entire house. She wiped my face wet from the rain not caring that she was now being soaked. Her hands small and supple gently cupped my face slowly caressing me bringing me back to reality.

"I'm alright babe. I must have got so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't realized it was raining"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No" I lied. I don't want to reopen those wounds I worked so hard on healing.

She hugged me tightly as I reciprocated the same action. I felt at peace as the rain fell softly on the both of us. I found myself gripping her tightly almost afraid that she'd fly away if I let her go.

"It's okay baby" she cooed in my ear. She knew what I was feeling without a single word being said.

"Please don't leave me"

I held on to her for dear life afraid to let go. I was so scared to love again after Janice but then Christina came along and put together my broken pieces.

"I'll never leave you" she whispered. We sat in the rain as we basked in this emotional moment.

|•|

Janice

" I NEED THAT DRESS FINISHED NOW" I yelled at one of my employees

After what I went through five years ago, I put all my energy and focus into my company. We design elegant, one of a kind, dresses for women and the sharpest suits for men.  Being the CEO was very stressful but it paid off some.

I sat at my desk looking at my works that I've done as my mind began to wonder. I thought back to five years ago when I belonged to someone. I smiled at the thought but then my face fell to the memory of how it all ended.

"Miss King your 9:00 is here" my assistant Rachael came in pulling me out of my thoughts.

"9:00? It's 10"

"Yes but you agreed to meet with her. She's been waiting for you for an hour"

"I'm sorry you can send her in" I palmed my forehead trying to soothe the headache that was forming. I felt bad for letting her wait for so long.

Minutes later, a beautiful woman with curly hair and blue eyes walked in. She was so beautiful she almost seemed fake.

"Janice King. I apologize for the wait" I greeted the woman. She shook my hand with  a smile.

"It's alright you're a busy woman I get it." She spoke. Her voice was so soft, so soothing. I could listen to her speak all day.

"So how may I help you?"

"Right so there's a ball that's coming up in a few weeks and I really need your help. My girlfriend has been having some trouble finding the perfect dress for this event and she's losing her mind."

She has a girlfriend.

"Okay well did you have anything in mind?" I forced a smile.

"Actually that's why I'm here. She's kind of picky when it comes to clothes so I was hoping that you'd kind of help with that. Her measurements are 34,26,36 and the theme color is red. I really need your help."

"She has quite the body. I'll see what I can come up with and uh I will have that dress ready for her in two weeks tops"

"Oh thank you so much" she released a relieved sigh as she shook my hand"

"The pleasure is all mine"

I watched her get up and walked out but then she came back in seconds later. I looked around to see if she left something.

"I'm sorry to bother you again but I was thinking why don't you come to the ball?"

"I don't know. I'll be quite busy and I don't know if I could make it" I tried to sound believable but I was always horrible at lying.

"Please? It'll be fun. Consider it an extra payment. For me?"

I thought about it and she was right. It's been a while since I've had a little fun.

"Alright I'll be there"

"Great. Here's the address and please don't be late you'd hate to have to be the center of attention" she joked as she wrote down the address.

She left for good this time leaving me to stare at the address. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have some fun I mean what's the worst thing that could happen?