Five

Narrator's Pov

Its been a month since everything transpired between Janice and Deborah. Life seemed to go back to normal for the two women. Deborah was focused on her girlfriend and her patients and Janice was in the office day and night.

Janice however, began to have a complete meltdown. Seeing Deborah brought back so many memories from the past that she wished she could have back. She ran into Deborah a few times and tried to spark up a conversation but with no luck. Deborah stuck to her pact that she made with her best friend that she'd never ever look back.

Things were going well until today. Deborah decided that she needed a break from everything so on the few days she had off, she decided to patch everything up with her old friend. She invited Nadine for brunch at her favorite spot on the corner ofEast 63rd Street.

Ironically, Janice has been there with her assistant having lunch while going over a few designs. The two women distracted had no idea what was about to occur.

Janice and Nadine grabbed a seat in the corner of the restaurant away from the crowd. The afternoon seemed to be going great as planned.

Deborah

I brought Nadine with me to the Vaucluse restaurant on east 63rd street

I brought Nadine with me to the Vaucluse restaurant on east 63rd street. It was a beautiful fine dining French restaurant and they had the best meals I've ever had...except my nana's of course.

We sat in the corner of the restaurant away from the windows. I hated when people stare at me when they walk by but Nadine didn't seem to mind it as a matter of fact, we had to play rock, paper, scissors which she wasn't too happy about right now.

"Man you always cheating"she huffed as she folded her arms like a child.

"How did I cheat Nadine? Just take your L and move on"I couldn't help but laugh at her childish antics.

"Whatever you're lucky I'm hungry or else I would've burn your ass."

"You're touched I swear"

"I wish"she mumbled as if I wouldn't hear her.

"Please not before I eat. I like to keep my food down."

"Oh please just because you have someone cleaning your floors everyday don't mean nothing."

I fanned her off.

"If I remember, you weren't always miss innocent. Don't think I forgot about you and Traci and Charlene. Acting like you were so pure when you were the biggest freak at NYU."