Six

Deborah

I think this is the one

I think this is the one. For four years, this woman has been the rock I needed to keep me standing. Without her, I was certain to crumble. She has shown me so much love it was overwhelming sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I stared up at the ceiling holding my love close to my heart. I don't want to wait anymore. I want to give her the future she deserves. I want her to have everything her heart desires.

I kissed Christina's forehead then got out of bed. I went to the closet to get her gift.

I took it out the box and placed it on her finger

I took it out the box and placed it on her finger. I want her to wake up happy today and for the rest of her life...if she'd let me.

Smiling, I went to go make us some breakfast...god I hope she says yes. She's done so many things for me now it's time I return the favor. I took my time to flip the pancakes then placed them on a plate. I got through the eggs and made her some coffee.

I began to cut up some fruit. Cherries, pineapples, grapes, cantaloupes, melons...I'm missing something.

"Ahh the strawberries."

I got the strawberries to complete breakfast. I placed everything on a tray with some juice then took my time going up the stairs.
Getting to the bedroom, I noticed she was out of bed then I heard the water running in the bathroom.

I made my way to the bathroom slowly. She was standing in the mirror staring at her hand with tears welled up in her eyes. I took her a while to notice my presence. When she did, she began to cry.

"I was hoping to wake you with some breakfast."

"What's going on baby?"she sobbed as she looked at her finger trying to process everything.

"Uh well four years ago, I was sitting in a bar broken in a million pieces. I sat there asking why God allowed someone to hurt me so deeply. I sat there contemplating my existence but then I looked up and there stood an angel then suddenly I didn't feel what I felt anymore. I felt alive for once in my life and she did that with just her presence. I asked that girl to be mines and since then, she's shown me so much love that sometimes I don't even know what to do with it.

Every morning when I would wake up I felt a heavy cloud hovering over me and I would feel so depressed but then I look at her face and my world became bright. She took care of me when I was sick, she stood by me when I was broken. When I cried, she was right there by my side crying with me. She pushed me when I felt like giving up. She even put up with my bullshit.

She's done so much in my life now I think it's time to return the favor so....Christina Reynolds...how does Mrs Hill sound?"

She jumped onto me squeezing the life out of my but I let her have her moment. She kissed me deeply.

"It sounds perfect."she kissed me again and again and again.

"I made breakfast. You should eat it before it gets cold."

"Fuck the breakfast...I wanna eat you." She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bedroom.

"Chris what the hell?"

I was so shocked at her cursing. Since I've known her, she has never cursed ever.

"Shut up and moan my name mami"

Shit I've never seen this side of her in my life. She became like this aggressive animal. She was ripping things, throwing me around like a rag doll but I loved it. I'm thinking maybe I should've proposed earlier.

|•|

Janice

Depressed

Depressed...I was so depressed. I never thought I'd get to this point but here I am crying a river. Every time I thought about Debby, I broke down in tears. Lately we've been hanging out but she doesn't see me the way I see her. She doesn't have the look in her eyes that she had. She was nicer and I should be grateful she even accepted my offer but I wanted more. I wanted her to want me just as much as I want her but she won't even give me the time of day.

I hate when she talks about her girlfriend. I hate how happy she gets when she mentions her name. I hate the way she looks at her. I hate the way she touches her. I hate the way she smiles at her. I hate the way she touches her. I hate her...but I love her.

I've tried dating but that was only helping physically but they can never compare to Deborah. She was one of a kind.

I called her earlier and she picked up but she wasn't talking...she was moaning...her name. I have to keep on trying before it's too late. I'd hate for her to propose to that woman. I don't know what I'd do if she married her. I want us again. Maybe I'm being to soft. Maybe I need to be more assertive...it's the only she'll see what I see.

She needs me...and I need her.