Ten

Deborah

I held my wife tight in my arms as she slept

I held my wife tight in my arms as she slept. It was three in the morning and I was wide awake. I haven't gotten much sleep lately ever since Whole Foods. I kept having this feeling of something being wrong. Chris's been telling me it's just my nerves but I can't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

Finally, I was able to close my eyes and get some sleep after convincing myself that everything was okay.

|•|

I yawned and stretched awaking from a much needed sleep. I felt around for Christina but she wasn't beside me. My eyes opened and I almost screamed...I wasn't in my room. I laid on some old looking bed in an old room that was definitely not mines.

"What the fuck? Chris baby? Where are you?"

I got up out the bed and noticed that I wasn't in my nightgown. Instead I wore some red lingerie that was way too small and was definitely not my taste.

I walked out of the door slowly being careful not to cause too much noise...I don't know who may be in this house. I walked down some long hallway that never seemed to end. Everything seemed old and outdated.

I finally made it to the end of the hallway and stopped

I finally made it to the end of the hallway and stopped. I looked left, and it looked dark. I looked to my right and it was lit by the sun so I took the obvious way I'll be damned to walk down that dark hallway.

I was at the end of this hallway and made it to a door. I hope that what I'm about to do don't get me killed on the spot. I slowly opened the door and entered into a kitchen.

I immediately started to look for a phone or something that would get me and my wife out of here...that's if she's even here. It doesn't seem like anyone was even here. I looked over to an old table and there was a phone just sitting there.

I was hesitant to use it...it seemed too easy but I had to do something. I picked it up and gladly, I got a dial tone so I immediately dialed 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?"

"Hi hi my name is Deborah Kelly and I think I've been kidnapped."

"Ma'am can you describe to me what you see?"

"I'm just in an old house and I don't know what to do. One minute I was in my house asleep and next thing I know, I'm here. I can't find my wife either."

"Okay ma'am I'm gonna need for you to stay on the line while we try to track your number."

"Okay but hurry please. I'm really scared."

"Ma'am I promise we're doing every-"

"Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?"

"That wasn't a nice thing to do Debby."

I turned around and almost fainted. What was she doing here? Did she kidnap me? Why?

"Janice? What are you doing? Where am I"

"Oh my dear can't you see? You're home."

"Where's my wife Janice? And why the hell are you doing this?"

"Oh your bitch is safe and sound at home don't worry...she wasn't the one I needed. I mean she may have a few bruises but she'll heal. Why am I doing this? Well that you'll find out later but right now we have things to discuss."

"I don't have a damn thing to say to you."

"Tsk tsk tsk baby that attitude of yours is gonna get you in so much trouble."

She walked up to me as she backed me in a corner. She brushed my hair out of my face before she wrapped her hand around my throat.

"You've done enough talking and not enough listening. You're gonna learn today how to shut up. Don't worry baby, I won't hurt you...too bad."

I looked in her eyes but they were empty...it wasn't the Janice I knew at all. I felt the tears coming...I hope Chris finds me because something tells me that this isn't gonna end well.