Two

Our Lady of The Angels Annual Ball

Deborah

Today was the day for the hospital's annual ball and I was wreck

Today was the day for the hospital's annual ball and I was wreck. I was laid on the floor of my bedroom crying my eyes out...why? I couldn't find the perfect outfit to wear. How am I supposed to go to the most important event without anything to wear? I tried on at least ten dress and nothing seemed to fit. My girl came in the room and looked at me with sad eyes.

"Aw baby what's the matter?" She cooed kneeling down to my level.

"I can't find anything to wear baby"

I was crying like a baby but I didn't care. Tonight was a special night not only for me but because all the proceeds that were made were going to St Jude's Hospital for Children and I promised them I'd be there.

"Well aren't you glad you have a loving girlfriend that'll do anything for you?" She said with a smirk

"You got me something?"

"Not something babe I'm talking the best"

I dried my tears as I picked my sorry ass off the floor. This is why I love this woman right here. She's always been there for me.

"You're the best baby" I showered her with kisses.

"I know now go get ready"

I ran to the bathroom but made a u-turn back to the room.

"Oh and babe about earlier, you didn't see anything alright? I totally wasn't crying"

She looked at me then laughed but sarcastically said okay. I knew she was going to tell this to her mother. Her girl crying on the floor like a bitch because she couldn't find something to wear. I'm really dreading thanksgiving now.

|•|

Janice