Chapter 2

The next day, I dropped by the canteen again. This time having two agendas.

Stuffing egg-roll into my watery mouth, my other hand played in glee. Anticipating. Still all the while praying I wouldn't get captured by miss... free food.

My phone rang; my heartbeat increased on hearing the voice of the caller. The surprising aspect was how I was able to identify the person after meeting with him for a few minutes. A total stranger. Which showed how I was so into him more than I would have preferred.

"Hey, miss stare," he teased.

My smile widened. "When and how did I earn that name?"

"Yesterday, of course. Almost choked me to death with your big eyes."

I covered my left cheek with my free hand to conceal an invincible blush. So I've got big eyes. I'll have to confirm in the mirror when I get back to my apartment. So for now.

Focus!

"Are you done with lectures?"

"Wouldn't have called if I'm not. Right behind you."

My head automatically snapped back, eyes searching for him, frowned when I did not see him. Must be part of him to joke with everything. Even when I was expecting to see him... again.

Yesterday had been so maddening. Self maddening. I kept thinking about him to my amazement

His red soft lips, brown eyes, his long fingers; How they fitted so perfectly when he'd slipped it in mine for a shake, as if it were meant to be tangled together forever.

Forever!

Really Isabella? Where did that thought come from?

Ugh!

Nagging myself back to reality, I heaved a sigh of great disappointment. Turned back to my meal.

Gasped upon seeing him grinning across from me.

"How did you get in here without me knowing?" I scoffed. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" Glared at him placing a hand on my chest.

He chuckled, the sound of it doing wonders inside of me. The earlier I figured out what charm he casted on me the better for my safety, I thought. Because the normal chuckle I witnessed from most people sounded rather annoying.

"It excites me to see the disappointment on your face when you thought I was lying about being present," he said smugly.

"Whatever disappointment you saw on my face was probably as a result of you sneaking on me. That's creepy you know," I retorted in defence.

The corner of his mouth twitched.

My right hand tightened around my can of coke to smash it on his head if he dares let the smile form fully.

Well he did smile all right. But I couldn't have the heart to attack his head.

I noticed his hair at that point, my inside quirked. Whoever had cut and trim his hair did a great job.

"You like what you see, don't you?"

I tore my gaze from that angle. "Stop being cocky."

"Hey, it's not terrible to appreciate a guy." He winked, making me stuff half of my pie into my mouth.

"You know what..."

"ISABELLA!"

I froze.

Here comes miss long-throat.