Chapter 12

Daniel, refused when I offered to settle the bill. Which according to him, was too shameful to let a woman pay when the opposite gender first initiated the d... eat out. Exactly, that's how he had said it. And it made me squirm with excitement on my seat. Made it clear that he was holding back from spilling every ounce of his emotion.

After he paid, with me staring at him with disapproval all through to let him know how uncomfortable I was to watch him do so, alone. We marched out side-by-side, our body barely touching. As much as I wanted to tangle myself to him, I tried to keep my distance no matter the little space that was. As much as I wanted to feel the heat of him, I didn't consider risking having something I wouldn't be specific about, sizzling through my body. Not when I already had a handful to tackle.

"I know about an amazing, cool, ice cream joint a stone throw away." He pointed ahead. I didn't know how, but I felt him smiling. And when I looked up, indeed he had a beautiful smile on his handsome face. Before I would ask why he was excusing the expression on his face, he glanced down at me silencing me. "How ironic to compare the distance using a stone..."

He didn't need to finish it, for the remainder of his sentence, and the main thing behind it, clicked in my head. I beautified my face with my own version of smile. "Indeed."

"Did that memorable episode repeat itself?"

"If they ever hurl stones at me again, and I lay my hands on them, I will make sure to stuff their pebbles into their tiny mouths and kick them to the street."

"I trust you can do that."

Having no reply for that, we continued down the busy road. Enjoying the cruise of the serenity atmosphere that seems to surround me, in the midst of the noisy busy road. The more we walked, the more distance covered. Then, I realized he hadn't been truthful when describing how far the place we were heading to was.

"I know what you are thinking."

"Are you a psychic? You always know what's going through my pretty mind."

He shrugged. " Or you are simply so transparent that it's easy to read you." He licked slightly his lower lip, and that did an entirely different thing to me. My palms became so sweaty and slippery in a matter of milli-second in reaction to his unknowingly unleashed sensual gesture. I pinned onto the fact that all too soon, the torture would be over. And I can finally get to demonstrate every one of my fantasies to him.

"I just feel like walking the distance. Spend more time with you. Get to..."

I gazed at him, with a thunderstorm of a heart in my chest willing him to go on. Say what I had been so dying to hear. Tell me those three magical words that never fail to weaken even the knees of a powerful gladiator in combat with his opponent.
My restlessness didn't seem to register to him for he maintained a very strong silence. After what summed up to be three minutes, and me battling with anxiousness, he finally opened his mouth. I waited, looking wonderingly at him from the corner of my eyes.

"Here we are."

Looking up ahead, my face stung partly from unsourced humiliation as I took sight of a portable building with the words: CH ice cream house, inscribed in large letters at the top of the front door. Is he intentionally being ruthless, or ignorantly experimenting on my patient, I pondered seriously. Still dealing with the thought, I settled on a seat under a huge tree giving shade to the shop and customers hanging around.

"A minute." Daniel strutted into the building. I assessed the surrounding with faint interest. Time and gain hoping to erase the rampant thought of the man that had failed woefully to understand that I lack the strength to put up with his delay. Soon I heard footsteps closing up behind. Daniel, slide a white covered plastic can containing ice cream on the table, while laying the second in front of him. A knowing smile worked to my face, quickly I suppressed it. "You wish to talk over a bucket of this stuff?" I said, gesturing vaguely at my cup of ice cream. With the intention of giving him back some portion of tough time.