Chapter 7

I rooted in my course a few feets away when I saw someone standing in front of my door––back to me.

Releasing myself from my stance, I began slowly toward my apartment. The still available bright rays of sunshine added to my courage. Who would want to get caught by hurting someone in broad daylight.

As I neared, the being turned. Our eyes locked. Identifying him, my breath knocked out of my throat by an unfamiliar emotion. I felt the urge to run to him, hug him, spew my intensified feelings to him, ask him if he somehow feels the same.

The images of him with another lady, slim, and too loud, cracked like a chestnut my beautiful imagination about all I wanted to reveal to him.

With renewed vigor, I increased the force of each step I gain, this time with the aim of shoving him to a nearby flowerbed. No words were exchanged, he must have observed I was in no mood for chit-chat.

Reaching to him I thrust my hand to shovel him out of my way. To my surprise, he grabbed swiftly the hand I'd directed, wrapping his on mine.

He smiled. "How are you? For you to be in a hurry to shake me, it obviously you missed me."

Perfect!

"What?" I said, staring up at him. Unable to do anything as the anger boiling inside of me deflated. How does he do that? With just a look, snatch away my sour mood without permission.

He let go of my hand. Suppressed a cry of disapproval before it would escape. "How long have you been waiting?" Who invited you!

Scowling at myself for my lack of strength, I fish-out my key, walking past him to the door. "Not necessary," he replied, marching behind.

I opened my door, ushered him in against the will of the other part of me suggesting I slam the door to his face and hope it broke his nose in the process. Ignoring that, I closed the door, dropped my bag on the table, then went ahead to release my hurting feet from my black, flat-covers shoe.

My mind drifted back to what I witnessed earlier, jealousy stabbed multiple times at my heart. The back of my eyes burned with what I suspect to be unshed tears.

I really want us to be more than friends. Need him to assume the position of someone I can sit on his lap to play with his ears and hair. A special person I wouldn't hesitate to share my secrets with, exchange playful taunting words, and even fight with as most lovers do.

At that moment, I blamed affection for being a one-sided bitch. Favouring him over me. If the attraction had found a way to slip inside of his heart, I would have been saved from restlessness. Unending imagination of our life together as a couple...

Come on, Isabella. Are you desperate now? Do you think love prevails that way? What you feel for him is mere infatuation that will disappear in due time like you'd never experienced it.

I rolled my eyes in track of my own inner scoffing.

You recently grew out of teens. Blame the teenage, leftover hormone to be messing with you!

A sudden loud gasp broke me from my inmost reprimand. Daniel had his palms flattened on his eyes, his head angled oddly.

Confused, I glanced at the door, back to him. "What's the problem?"

"You should have forewarned me of your weird habit of stripping in the presence of opposite individuals."

I furrowed. "Are you..." I released my one gasp ducking quickly into my bathroom. My eyes wide gazing down at my almost exposed bosom. Literally what happens when you busy your mind with thoughts of him, I huffed clasping back my halfway unclasped bra.

How did I go from pulling off my shoes––to removing my top, and to my private supporter?

Chagrined, I clutched my head dramatically, as though preventing it from exploding with shamefacedness. "Are you clothed, yet?"

Forcing down the lump of shame in my throat with my spit, I demanded threateningly. "Close your eyes, I'm coming out now. Refusing to comply will cost you your optic." He laughed, but endeavored no reply.

I counted to a minute. Pushed the bathroom egress, stepped out. Casted my eyes to him, his face concealed by his hands. His fingers cage my focus up until he enquired for my physical state.

"Almost done." I yelped, snapping to reality. Within two seconds, I had my top on. "You may open your eyes."

"May," he said, dropping his hands."Like I'd choose to cover my eyes for the entire of today." He raked his eyes on me. I felt so aware of him, suddenly. Much more than the first time I met him. My toes curled. "Free yourself from bad criticism and live long." He nodded. The corner of his mouth tightened.

Without having to question what that was about, for I already realized he read it on my T-shirt, I faced my closet with the pretense of seeking for a towel while hiding my sudden shyness.

"Life's no guarantee, or rules to living long," he added. Something in his voice had me turning to look at him. There was a smile on his face. I wondered if I'd mistook his underline sentiment for anger, because it was what I detected when he'd said that.

"She is a coursemate," he said abruptly.

I navigated my eyeballs to the two sides in incomprehension. Is he about to disclose a past memory, I thought settling my gaze on him. "She?"

He stood up. His eyes still connected to mine, gently he moved close to me. I stopped letting air into my nostril, and froze in place. So many scenes played in my head; him bringing his lips to mine, grabbing me with so much hunger I would be compiled to positively react...

He came to a halt inches from me. Our body was not brushing, still I felt the heat of his closeness as it snaked into my system, stirring sparks that if I hadn't been frozen, would have grabbed him to myself. "The girl you saw me with after you visited the library."

Dazed, I pressured my eyes to stop it from expanding to the size of the saucer.

"H-how did you know?"

"I saw you. Waited for you to say hi, but you didn't. I guess you were in a hurry," he said complacently, with no trace of concern. "Will be leaving now. See you tomorrow."

My teeth bared. "Already? And why did you think to explain?" I queried, frustrated.

"I'm not explaining, rather telling you." He beamed. "Have a nice evening." The door fastened back behind him.

What just happened?

Destiny [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara