EPILOGUE

🌟All it takes is one day to shatter the dreams of forever."

My eyes widened in search of the source, when I finally located it, my heart stopped.

A middle aged woman had her knees to the floor, her face swollen and bathed with tears, her hair short and scanty like it'd been uprooted from her scalp. Beside her, on the floor lay her outer wrapper, and in her hands, clutched so tightly and unwilling to let go was a hand of someone who's entire body was covered with an immaculate white sheet. Her grip was too tight, the two staffs transporting what I already realized to be a dead body, each held the two ends of the stretcher tightly so the deceased wouldn't topple.

My sympathy went for the poor women. Who knows if it's her husband, child or relative.

Shaking my head thrice, I looked beside me to Anthony, only to find the spot he'd occupied, empty. Then, I heard a rapt thud of feets on the stairs that indicated someone was either in a hurry or running away. The latter was more convincing when after scanning around, I couldn't find Anthony. Quickly, I bounded down the stairs unsure as to what was going on and why he raced off.

"Anthony!" I yelled at him in panic when I saw him go on his knees outside the hospital. The scream he let loose like a tortured soul, frightened me. I took hold of his shoulder, shaking him slightly for him to look up at me.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!" I barked in anger.

Anthony stopped moving. Like a statue, he craned and looked me in the eyes. My legs began shaking at what I saw indebted in them. So lifeless like that of the death.
"Anthony..." the quivering of my legs spread to my hands. So unsteady I let go of his shoulders. "What. Is. Going. On?"

"Daniel... is gone."

Like a twisted woman, I released a boisterous laugh that had no business to do with humor, but everything to do with shock, disbelieve, anger, confusion. "What did you... just say?"

"Daniel is dead! It was him you saw lying on that goddamned thing! It was his mother crying her life out!" He gestured widely all around as wild as his eyes flew.

Bit by bit, reality came tumbling down. "D-d... NO!!!" I cried at the top of my lungs tearing back to the entrance door. Strong arms grabbed me holding me back. "Fucking let go of me!" I screamed uncaringly at the people around me. I stared at the door in utmost shock. How could that be? Is this some kind of a dream? I saw him just last night.

"Why are you stopping?" I demanded, furiously struggling his hands off me. But they were as strong as rock.

"Because... he made me promise not to let you see his body. He knew it would break you when you do," Anthony cried, his hold loosen on me. "Please, respect his wish," as he pleaded his heart boomed matching the tempo of mine. I felt the back of my top soak in his tears. "I'm sorry, Isabella. It hurt us all." He dropped his hands from around me. Giving me the will to go ahead or doing as Daniel had made him promise to. As much as I wanted to disagree with his decision, I knew the reason why he'd wanted it. If I had set my eyes on him, I'm not all too sure to have let him go without a fight.

My legs gave out under me, the surrounding became dim and dimmer at each tick of time. Giving in to the power pulling my consciousness in, I let go of myself as the sky turned dark.

__________

"Am I in heaven?" I asked as I opened my eyes to sparkling brightness. The surrounding white and glistering. Is this what heaven looks like?

"Finally, you are awake."

"Awake?" I looked up to stare at a face. It couldn't be possible that we all died together, could it? "Anthony?" I said not too sure if he'd answer or not.