Iyana: The great thing about new friends.-Shanna Rodriguez

Yesterday was so good and  fun. Shrey and Sana got along well. There's chemistry there. They are still texting each other. Thanks to that, I think I am going to have more of days like yesterday. I would really love that. Even Shrey wants to do this again this week end. Hopefully he will get Vivaan around too. I really hope to get to know him.

Today, is a Sunday. Sunday holds a special place in us medicos heart. Today is the day we get to sleep more than other days. We get up royally at 9 am. Today is also the day when you can complete a lot of studying.
So, I get up at 9 am, have my breakfast and then hit the library at around 10.15 am. I am so engrossed in the book when Vivaan comes and sits opposite me in the Library. He just sat opposite me. WAIT. WHAT. He smiles at me. Omg, I can feel myself dying. I smile back and mouth hi.

He is solving MCQs, every now and then he shifts, his hair keeps falling on his eyes. Im supposed to be studying but I'm stuck in the same page from last half an hour. Seriously Iyana? He is so going to notice that and think that I'm some kinda creep, which I totally am. What's wrong with me. I look down and concentrate on my stuff.

It's 1 pm and I have gotten a lot of studying done. So I look up again to check what he is doing. And Shrey is also here on the same table beside him. He notices me looking at him and he whispers loudly, "NERD OF THE YEAR." Many heads turn towards our tables, Vivaan hits him on his head with a sheet of paper and I start laughing softly. The Librarian is so going to kick us all out.

I get up from my seat for lunch, and Shrey looks up at me questioningly, I mouth "lunch". "Let's go have lunch, Vivaan", Shrey whispers loudly again. I am so going to leave the library before I get thrown out of here. I start walking towards the exit when Shrey and Vivaan catch up with me.

"Are you seriously reading Parsons for Ophthal kid?" Shrey asks me, once we are out. "Parsons is good." I say skeptically. "Nerd of the year." He repeats again and I roll my eyes. Vivaan is smiling down at me. My myocardium (heart muscle) just liquified.
"Start solving MCQs from third year itself. It will help you later." Vivaan tells me and I'm lost for words, I just nod. "One nerd meets another nerd. I feel left out here." Shrey exclaims and Vivaan tackles him from the back. I'm laughing again. Tell me Why didn't we know each other before?

"Let's go out for lunch. I guess, Aarav is also not on duty today." Vivaan tells Shrey. "You can join us if you want." He adds to me.
"Call Sana too. What's she up to?" Shrey tells me. "You text her more than I do, shouldn't you be knowing that already?" I throw at him, effectively annoying him. Vivaan laughs. He is definitely getting comfortable around me. I'm so glad. "Call her, I don't want to come across as too clingy." He tells me.

We all end up going to subway, because apparently Vivaan loved their subs. Aarav is the only non vegetarian amongst us. He was not that chatty initially, but I can see him, too, beginning to warm up. We end up staying there for more than three hours. I felt awkward initially too, mostly because of Vivaan. But all of them are so friendly, Any awkwardness I had in the beginning just disappeared.

Vivaan is a die hard fan of Indian cricket, while Aarav and Shrey are into football. Vivaan plays for the college cricket team too, I didn't know that, wish I had known, I would have ended up at all his matches. We tell them that I and Sana too enjoy cricket.
Vivaan is an only child. Shrey has an older sister. Aarav has one older and a younger brother. They all want to get into the same college for post graduation too.

At around 6.30 pm, we finally decide to leave Subway. "Do you want to join us for Goa?" Aarav asks me. And I'm astounded and don't know what to tell. "Sure, we wanted to go to Goa from a long time, but we don't have bodyguards." Sana pipes in. And I look at her. "I will ask my mom and let you know." I tell Shrey, and not Aarav, because suddenly I'm kinda awkward. "You guys should come. It will be fun." Vivaan tells us again and smiles knowingly at Aarav.

Hey, Aarav, you are cute, but I don't want you to waste your time since I have a huge thing for your friend, Vivaan. I so want to tell this to Aarav. I don't like to lead anyone on in vain. I so don't want to spoil the new found camaraderie between all of us. But I don't tell anyone anything. We just tell our byes and I head back to library. Vivaan joins me for the library, while Sana, Shrey and Aarav continue talking in the parking lot.

I start making notes again. I thought I had begun to feel normal around Vivaan, but I was wrong, because I start feeling jittery now that I'm with him alone again.

I don't know how much time has passed when Vivaan gets up and picks his books. I begin to tell bye to him, when he mouths coffee and raises his eyebrows.

Should I go? Im so confused, what if I make it awkward for him. What if I do something stupid. Oh my god I should just tell no.

"The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul."
-Shanna Rodriguez