Iyana: I am so excited for all the good things to come. -unknown

6 months later

I cleared my third profs in MBBS with a gold medal in ENT, which was so uncalled for. Maybe heartbreaks do make you stronger.
There are so many things that has happened in the last six months, but my heart still goes back to thoughts about Vivaan, the wretched night in Goa. My heart is definitely all things broken.

But, I'm still happy. Because guess what, Shrey and Sana are getting engaged. Yes you heard that right. Their fight wouldn't last much. Shrey goes to Sana's place in the holidays after exams. Sana's mother hyperventilates, overthinks And does everything a typical Indian mother would do.
She speaks to Shrey's mother. Things get pretty serious. Shrey proposes marriage to Sana in conclusion to the mess that he created. Sorry, for the mess I started in the first place. Well, at least something good came out of it. Someone is getting their happily ever after soon.

Boy, but with all this, was my mom surprised. She wanted me to go out with Shrey. Can you believe that? I told her he feels more like a brother to me. How disgusting to even think of something like that. All of this came to her as a surprise, because I was always tight lipped about Sana and Shrey.

Final year is obviously draining. More draining is the fact that, Vivaan is back in the same college as a resident in General medicine. Which means that I will have to endure two more years of getting embarrassed every time I see him.

Sana's engagement is in Bangalore. It's a good thing, I guess. Since our old house is in Bangalore, and I get to see it again. The bad news is that, Vivaan is from Bangalore too and I have to endure looking at him in Sana's engagement. I can't avoid the groom's best man now, can I?

Shrey hasn't gotten a pg seat. But he knew that he is not going to get it, he hadn't studied. Obviously, the-happy-go-lucky guy doesn't care and knows that he will get the seat. In the next attempt, that is.

1 month later

Time flows like cyclonic winds. It's already time for Sana's engagement. I flew down to Bangalore two days ago, since mom had told me that the Bangalore apartment was completely dirty and broken, I had to get workers and get it cleaned and repaired. I don't remember much of this place. I was really little when I lived here. This house is filled with pictures of the baby me, the friends I had at that age, my neighbors here. I don't remember much, but still this place is makes me nostalgic.

It's the D-day tomorrow. There's some pre-engagement party in the evening. "Iyana, everyone is busy. Only Vivaan's available to pick you up. I wouldn't advice taking a cab, it's freaking costly. And your house is near Vivaan's anyway. So it's okay. Don't be a baby. Don't waste finite resources babe. And please don't be angry. After all it's my day!" She speaks, in one single breath. I really don't want to spoil her day by acting like a brat. "It's okay, Sana! I'm okay with Vivaan" I lie. "Omg, I really love you right now. You are such a darling. Be here by 4.30, sharp!", then she hangs up.

As time passes, I find myself cursing myself for agreeing to Sana, how much would the cab cost. Because this plan is definitely costing me a year of my life, thanks to the nerves. Should I call him inside and act all normal or treat him like a cab driver? I wonder. Should I offer him anything to eat, it's not like I have anything here.

I hear the door bell at 3.30 pm. It can't be him, it's too early. I open the door. Ta-da! Holy moly! This was definitely a bad idea. Nope. Scratch that. The worst thing I could do.

He smiles down at me, normally, like before, before-before, you know? I give him a small smile back too.
"Please come inside, you are early!" I laugh, nervously.
"Take all the time you want, but we are leaving in five." He tells me and laughs. I laugh, give him some water, because that's all I have and make my way back to the room.
I can get ready in five minutes in traditional Indian clothes. Hopefully.
I can't believe that he is sitting in my house, on my couch. A small part of me,a teeny-tiny part is actually happy about it.

I am so excited for all the good things to come. -unknown