Epilogue

A I D E N S • P O V

T H R E E • Y E A R S • L A T E R

"Does this look alright?" Arian twisted in front of her mirror. She was wearing a cream coloured dress that fell to her thighs. The linen blend material flowed around her perfect figure. The button up front made me contemplate that it was easy access and we might get a minute alone this afternoon. "I mean, it's not too casual for a wedding?"

I sauntered up behind her, catching my own reflection in the mirror as I ran a finger down her spine. She bit down on her lip and grinned. I was wearing a short sleeve button up and chino shorts. We were both casual. But that was the sort of wedding that we were attending. "You look perfect. This is how Maddie and Cameron told us to dress."

Maddie didn't want bridesmaids or groomsmen. It would just be her and Cameron in front of their closest friends. There wouldn't be a lot of family attending either. It wasn't traditional but that wasn't an issue.

"Is the bump obvious?" She ran her hand over the little pouch where our Son or Daughter was forming. I wrapped around her and covered her hands with mine. It wasn't blatant at all.

"You look perfect Arian," I kissed the side of her throat. "Believe me baby. You are gorgeous."

"But I'm still carrying a bit of the baby weight," she pouted. She worried too much. It was still one of those things that I was working on helping her deal with. I would never stop convincing her that she was the most perfect woman that I had ever met. She wasn't carrying a single gram of the baby weight. She had returned to her usual petite frame rather fast. I had no idea what she saw when she looked in the mirror.

"It's been eleven months," I brushed her long copper hair behind her shoulder. "Don't be so hard on yourself. You're stunning."

She turned around and smiled, throwing her arms around my neck. She tip toed and began to kiss me with those sweet soft lips and my hands bunched the material on her back as I pulled her in tight. That was of course, when our small daughters wailing could be heard from the room beside ours. She had good timing that's for sure.

"Ebony," Arian laughed. We'd become accustomed to our daughter demanding attention at those moments where her sleep would have been convenient. "I'll go."

"No no," I caught her around the waist as she attempted to walk off and spun her back in. "I know it takes you almost twice as long as me to get ready. Continue."

She smiled and I gave her a quick kiss before I wandered out of our new bedroom. We'd been living in a new house for about six months. It was a suburban area with lots of space between each home. Trees on the front lawns, picket fences and tyre swings hanging from the large oaks that sheltered our colonial mansion. Despite it's classic design with large windows and a spacious front passage as well as a wrap around deck on the second level, it was renovated and modern. The interior was light timber and white painted trimming with dark pine fixtures in the stair case banister and light shades. The second level extended out over the living area with a couple of couches beside the banister where Arian liked to read because it was so open to the sun. The living room, dining and kitchen almost rolled into one but it was a huge space and it was perfect for both of us.