chapter 20

"So, Mitty," Christian sighed, plopping himself down on the leather couch that was in the studio. The boys were currently taking a break from recording for the past four hours, deciding they needed it. Everyone else had gone to get them food, leaving Christian and Mitchel by themselves in the dimly lit room. Mitchel looked up at the younger boy questioningly, wondering what he had to say. "When are we meeting that person you're talking to?"

Mitchel's breath got caught in his throat, making him let out a cough. "Uh, soon hopefully."

"Specifically when, though?"

"Y'know, Kras, you're acting just like Clinton right now," Mitchel laughed, shaking his head. It was clear to the blond boy that his best friend was trying to shift away from the conversation of his mysterious girl.

"I've been hanging around him lately," the younger Australian replied, shrugging. The braided boy rolled his eyes playfully and continued to type away on his phone. "But seriously, when? I wanna be friends with her."

"Time will come, man. Just wait on it."

"The others want to know her too, you know," Christian raised his eyebrows once Mitchel looked up at him.

"Well, I can assure you, it's soon. Wait," Mitchel laughed, trying to drop the topic entirely. Finally, the blond got the hint and stayed silent.

Just then, Clinton, Pat, and Jesse entered with bags of food, making Christian rise to his feet. He smacked his hands together and rubbed them as he bit his lower lip, itching to eat the food that was brought to them. Mitchel soon stood up as well, putting his phone into his back pocket. He thanked his older brother once he got handed a styrofoam box. Everyone got settled down and began to dig into their food hungrily.

Pat took a seat next to Mitchel and they ate their food in silence while everyone else spoke to one another. Clinton decided to play their last recorded song again to hear how it sounded. Mitchel's voice filled the studio, and every time the beat would bump, Jesse would bop his head to it.

"This one's a banger," Jesse commented with a full mouth, raising his hand in the air. Mitchel let out a laugh, smirking softly as well. He appreciated Jesse's comment, and hoped the fans would enjoy it more.

The braided boy's phone vibrated in his pocket, catching his attention immediately. He set his box down on the arm of the couch, reaching for the device. It came to life once he pressed the button, immediately searching for the message notification in the wave of instagram and twitter alerts that he received. Without realization, a soft smile began to appear on the Australian's face when he saw it was from no other than Reese.

Reeses Pieces
we should hang out again possibly tomorrow.

Mitchel
I'm down. I'm sure I don't got anything to do anyway

Reeses Pieces
yay. i was thinking the movies unless you have any other ideas in mind.

Mitchel
Nah, the movies are fine. Which one do you wanna watch tho?

Reeses Pieces
i'll have to check in a bit. i'll get back to you on that. but maybe we could go at a later time? i don't really want to be home.

Mitchel
Sure, that's no issue. Ur call :)

After a while, Reese stopped replying. Mitchel took this as a signal that she must have gotten busy with something. Once he looked up, he noticed Christian and Clinton eyeing him, but immediately turning their attention elsewhere. He furrowed his eyebrows at his best friend and brother, suspicious of the two. Jesse and Pat were doing their own thing on their phones, so Mitchel didn't really have to worry about the other two. Deciding not to question them, he brushed it off and went back to eating his food.

"I'll be right back," Mitchel announced, getting up from his spot on the couch. He received mumbles in return as he made his way over to the door. The bright light coming from the hallway made Mitchel squint his eyes. He dragged his feet across the floor toward the direction of where the bathroom was.

Moments after he entered the bathroom, he patted his butt a few times to check for his phone. Realization soon hit him that his phone was left in the studio. The braided boy looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes, realizing his mistake. He knew that the boys would do something to it, and usually, he'd be dashing back into the room to get it before they pulled something. However, he desperately needed to use the bathroom, so he let it slide this time.

Once the boy finished doing what he had to do, he made his way back with his head down and his hands in his pockets. When he walked in, everyone was awfully quiet, some of them sneaking glances at him and his phone awkwardly. Pat, as usual, was minding his own business. He rested his head against his hand as he scrolled through his phone, sitting in the same position as he did when Mitchel left the room.

The braided boy froze, slowly making his way over to the couch. He took the spot next to Pat, glaring at the other three. Mitchel retrieves his phone and turned it on, seeing messages from Reese.

Reese
sure, i guess. don't know if mitchel would be extremely down for it.

Confusion was clear on Mitchel's face; his eyebrows were furrowed, his lips slightly dropped. He proceeded to open the text conversation to see what Reese was on about.

Immediately, once it was loaded, Mitchel was greeted with a few messages. There were a few sent from his phone. The braided boy could tell that the others had their eyes on him. He could feel them staring at him, most likely to see how he would react to the messages they clearly sent.

There was a message where whoever sent it introduced themselves as "Mitchel's bandmate." Reese, being completely unaware of who they were and what Mitchel did as a career, asked if he was in a band as if she couldn't believe he was. Without a doubt, Mitchel thought it was cute. He laughed softly, completely forgetting that the others still had their attention all on him.

As Mitchel kept scrolling, he soon saw that Reese was asked to meet whoever texted her and the rest of them. The smile from his face slowly faltered when he remembered what was happening. Soon enough, his heart began to race, pounding against his chest harshly. He wasn't sure if this whole thing was a really good idea.

"Okay," he started, closing his eyes and sighing to himself in attempt to calm down as he turned his phone off. "Which one of you motherfuckers texted her?" When he looked up at everyone, eyeing them down, they all avoided eye contact. Nobody spoke up at first.

"Fine, I admit I did it," Christian said, breaking the silence in the room. He rolled his eyes and let out a deep huff in defeat. Everyone's eyes turned to face him, making all attention go toward the younger boy.

"Why the hell did you do it?" Mitchel asked in a monotone voice. Yes, his blood was boiling inside, but he was too tired from their day to even bother getting angry at his best friend.

"We just want to know what you're getting yourself into, man," Jesse jumped in. "Is there a problem with it?"

"No," the braided boy shook his head. "I just... I don't know. I'm scared, I guess. What if you guys don't like her? I want you guys to get along with her. She's actually a lot better than Valentina."

"I'm sure we will, Mitty," Jesse said, shrugging from a corner of the studio. "Just let it happen. Go with the flow, y'know?"

"I guess," Mitchel replied in defeat, not sure on what else to say to everyone.

"Did she say anything?" The older Cave brother asked, biting his fork.

"Yeah," he replied. "All she said was sure, but she didn't know if I'd be down for it."

"Well, think for a moment. Are you?" Pat said suddenly. Mitchel looked at him before down at his lap.

"Yeah," he repeated, nodding softly as he looked at everyone in the room. "Yeah I am."

"Great. Tell her we'll all meet up tomorrow," Christian said, shrugging as he smiled softly.