chapter 33

The lights in the venue dimmed as music began to play on the speakers. There was a screen on stage that played a video, and Reese knew it was the opener to Chase Atlantic's performance. People were talking to their friends and screaming already in the crowd, some parents being there as well, which somehow shocked the brunette.

Reese felt excited. It was her first concert after all. For some reason, she wanted to cry. Not because she was sad, but because she was trying things she hasn't done before. She felt normal being in the crowd of Chase Atlantic fans. She felt like she belonged there.

The brunette was pulled out of her thoughts by the screams of the fans when Jesse ran on stage toward the drum set. A wide smile began to pull at her lips as she screamed along with everyone else. Before she knew it, all five members were now occupying the stage in front of her. Seeing Mitchel and hearing him talk loudly into the microphone to hype up the crowd made her heart flutter in her chest. Swim began to play in the speakers as the crowd calmed down slightly.

"I bet you feel it now, baby," the braided boy sang, gripping the microphone with both his hands as he eyed the dark room. "Especially since we've only known each other one day, but..."

Reese's cheeks began to hurt from smiling so much. She felt incredibly proud of the band, and witnessing them performing live for the first time was an amazing feeling. As she held up her phone to record and bump to the beat, she could have sworn Mitchel saw her because of the way a huge smile formed on his lips.

Once the chorus of the song hit, Mitchel began jumping around on stage, which only hyped up the crowd even more. It was at that moment where the small girl began to join in when singing the song. She was aware that her voice would be heard in the background of the recording, but she didn't worry about it. By the time the song ended, Reese let out a heavy breath. She felt her ears ringing already.

"Thank you for coming out here tonight," Mitchel breathed into the microphone, laughing lightly as he tried catching his breath. "It means a lot to us. Hope you enjoy the show." He added as the next song, Triggered, started playing.

Most people from the crowd began to scream in excitement and Reese thought it was safe to assume that Triggered was their favorite, at least one of their favorites, or they were just excited to hear the song live.

"I'm driving too fast in my Lincoln town car and I think I just might flip it over," Mitchel sang, and Reese sang along with him. There were occasional random screams throughout the song that made Mitchel laugh on stage. Hearing him laugh made the brunette smile as she watched.

Time was flying by throughout the night and Reese was genuinely enjoying herself. The braided boy took a huge gulp of water and spoke into the microphone, announcing that they had a song they wanted the fans to hear. Once the guys walked off stage for a small break, another song began to play that Reese never heard before.

The lights of the dark room turned to a purple color, which Reese thought was a nice detail. She decided to record the song just in case she wanted to ask Mitchel about it later. The Australian's voice was heard in the loud speakers once he began to sing the first line of the song.

"Sever off the head and watch the body fall," He sang, causing Reese's eyebrows to raise slightly as she listened. The beat sounded good and she was liking how the song sounded. "See you in the depths that ain't a metaphor."

People around Reese screamed at the lyrics, clearly enjoying it. While holding her phone up, she smiled to herself, beginning to realize she was witnessing all of it live. Moments after, though, she remembered what she wanted to tell Mitchel. Her heart began to pound against her chest.