0.5

I walked to my last class of the day with Eve, a class we had with Ethan. After Friday night I was kind of hoping to avoid him. I'd barely seen him all day luckily, Noah and Mia who both had class with him said he was in a bad mood.

He couldn't still be in a bad mood because of Friday, so I just assumed something happened with Grayson.

We sat over by the windows, like usual, and waited for class to start. It was an Earth/Space science, which I didn't particularly enjoy. It wasn't that hard, but it wasn't interesting to me.

Ethan slumped in a seat in the back and put his head down, headphones in.

"Ethan, please remove your headphones." No response. The teacher walked over, tapping his desk to get his attention. He sat up, looking irritated. "No headphones." She reminded. He took them out and threw them down on his desk, crossing his arms over his chest as she began class.

He had a friend in this class, but they were out today, so he just looked bored as he let his eyes fall closed.

For most of the class we just took notes, but by the end she started explaining a project we were starting. It had something to do with how plastics affected our lives and the earth. When she said we needed a partner, Eve and I linked arms.

"Don't get excited, I've picked your partners." As she read them off, naturally I was paired with Ethan. Why wouldn't I be? "This project is due Friday- and there will be no class time to work on it. I expect you to work something out, if there are any issues let me know by the end of the day tomorrow."

I sigh as the bell rings, walking toward Ethan. He hadn't moved, just sitting back in his chair against the wall with his eyes closed.

"What are we doing? I was asleep."

"Did you sleep through the whole class?" I laugh, taking a seat next to him as he nodded. "We took notes for a while, and now we're partners for a project that's due Friday." Ethan groans but nods, stretching as he gets up from his chair. "Will you text me your address?"

"If you really wanna come over all you had to do was ask." Ethan grins, walking with me to my locker. "Are you busy today? We should probably start soon so we can get it over with."

"Alright, but we have to do it at your house. My little sister is home and I don't want you to meet her." He rolled his eyes but nodded.

"I'll drive us. Grayson will be there too but he can sit in the back."

Grayson isn't a fan of that idea when we meet him in the parking lot, but I offer to sit in the back with him so we come to an agreement. Ethan doesn't look happy about it but he doesn't push anymore. Things are tense between the two of them- and things are tense between us too, so arguing more wasn't gonna help anyone.

I talked quietly to Grayson while we rode to their house, but Ethan stayed silent. Grayson was obviously the nicer brother.

Ethan left me standing in his kitchen, alone, so I just took a seat and started to get stuff out to start working. When he returned, he had changed out of his jeans and into a pair of grey sweats.

"I'd kill to be able to change," I groaned, seeing him making coffee.

"Perks of studying at home." He beamed. "Do you mind if I copy your notes from class? Pretty sure I only wrote the date in my notebook."

"One step ahead of you," I hummed, handing him an already copied sheet of the notes from class. While he was changing, and doing whatever else, I had time to rewrite them all out for him. There weren't too many important things, so it didn't take me too long. He seemed kind of out of it today, so I figured I'd be nice.