1.2

Sipping on my tea and honey, I listened to Over It by The Frights and sat in bed in my dark room. I was sweating underneath my covers trying to fall back asleep at one in the afternoon.

I'd been sick, but today was feeling mostly better. I just didn't want to think about all the work I had to catch up on.

Despite it being early afternoon, someone rings the doorbell and causes me to get up out of bed. The air outside of my room is much cooler which feels nice on my overheated skin, even though I wish I was still cuddled up.

"Ethan?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I opened the front door.

He smiled, hands deep in his pockets, a beanie over his head and a sweatshirt enveloping him due to the cold.

Ethan squeezed inside without saying a word, kicking his snow covered boots off next to the door. I slowly shut it, turning to face him as he took a seat.

"I was worried. You haven't been to school in two days." He groaned, rubbing his hands together to bring them warmth. Even his knees were red from the cold where his jeans were ripped.

"I've been sick..." I trailed off. I got sick the last day of the field trip and haven't been since we got back- it was only Wednesday now. "What are you doing here?"

"Checking on you?" Ethan said, as if it were the most obvious answer in the world. The last time we spoke, he told me to leave him alone. Now he just shows up at my house because he wants to check on me? It was perplexing.

"I don't need you to worry about me."

His eyes widened a bit as he took a step back, almost shaken at my words. What did he expect when he showed up?

"So are you feeling better?" He asked after a moment, taking a seat and ignoring my previous statement. Obviously I wasn't getting through to him today. He just wanted to pretend like what he said never happened it seemed. I didn't want that, but I couldn't bring myself to fight with him. At least not today.

"Kinda. I'm really hot and my throats hurts though," I frowned, looking for my tea. It was upstairs.

"Does that mean you won't suck my dick?" He said exasperatedly.

"Maybe next time." I rolled my eyes. I honestly couldn't tell if he was joking or serious. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he only came over for a blowjob.

"Well I know you're kinda sick still, so wanna compromise by making out with me and giving me a handjob?" Again, couldn't really tell if he was serious or not. I was hoping it was a joke.

"We'll see- I'm going upstairs to get my tea. Stay here," I demanded, heading up to my room. Ethan came up just mere seconds after I did. "What part of stay don't you understand?" I huffed, taking a sip and watching him. He noticed my clean laundry I hadn't yet put away, picking up a pair of red lace underwear.

"These are hot," he mumbled. I snatched them out of his hands and stuffed all of my underwear into a drawer.

"Can you behave for like two seconds?" Ethan was all over the place today.

His phone rang, and I noticed Grayson's caller ID pop up just as he answered the FaceTime.

"Dude, where are you? I heard you had an argument in class, yelled at a teacher, and just fucking left. You were paged to the office a few times," Things were starting to make more sense. Ethan had a bad day and came to me.

"Shut the fuck up," Ethan hissed at his brother.

He was being weird because he wanted a distraction. And the first person he thought to come see was me. It'd make sense that he walked from the school, probably leaving the car keys for Grayson.