0.6

"Heaven!" Ethan shouted, jogging to catch up with me as I walked to my study hall. "The project is due tomorrow and we still haven't finished it."

"I know," I said, taking a seat and pulling out my phone. "We were supposed to finish it yesterday, but you decided that cancelling to do God knows what with your friends was a better option."

He crossed his arms over his chest and sat down next to me.

I told him I had plans one day this week, Tuesday, and that I couldn't reschedule. He said we could do Wednesday and probably finish then, but decided to cancel last minute. It was now almost the end of the day on Thursday, and we still had kind of a lot to do. The project was due in class tomorrow, so you see where things get messy.

"It was one day, calm down." Ethan scoffs. "We like, need to get this done. Can we do it today?"

"We don't really have another choice." Mia comes into the cafeteria, slowing her walk when she sees Ethan and I sitting together. She takes a seat quietly. "Meet me at my locker after last bell. We can walk to my place, my little sister is going to a friends house after school." Ethan nods, waving as he rushed off to his class. Our schedule rotated, so we didn't have last period together today.

Ethan shows up by my locker 15 minutes late. Not that I was annoyed or anything.

"Sorry, I had to find Grayson and give him the keys so he could get home. And then I got distracted. But I'm ready now," he assures me. "I could've texted you if I had your number."

"You have me on Snapchat," I remind. "But if you're so desperate for it, I'll give you my number when we get to my house."

We start walking, and it doesn't take long for me to realize I should've worn a better outfit for walking in. It was cute, sure, but practical? Not at all.

On top of the cold, it was also snowing. Ethan had small flakes gathering in his hair and as we walked, he attempted to catch some on his tongue. He paused when he noticed me shivering.

"Who would've thought you'd be cold in that outfit?"

I admit- it was poor planning. I had on a red plaid mini skirt, a tucked in white button up with a skinny tie, and thigh high socks. It was similar to a schoolgirl uniform, except I got to style it my way.

"I wasn't thinking about being cold I was thinking about being cute." I frown. "Ethan don't you dare throw that at me."

"What, this?" He grinned, holding a snowball.

"If you throw that I swear to God I will make you regret being born. I'm already cold, and I'm wearing a white shirt. If it gets wet it becomes see through."

"I don't see a problem with that." He challenged, picking up some more snow. "Beg me."

I narrowed my eyes at Ethan, and realized we were outside my house. There was no need, I just dashed inside. He came in just moments after, looking a bit disappointed we arrived so soon.

I hung up his jacket for him and we slipped our shoes off by the door before slumping into seats in the living room, letting ourselves warm up.

I showed Ethan around downstairs, just the basics of the house so he knew where some things were. We got to work pretty soon after that, knowing that we had quite a lot of work to do on top of homework for other classes.

After an hour, we decided to take a snack break. Can't work if you're hungry, right? That's what we went with anyway.

Ethan just stood around, but I took a seat up on the kitchen counter. He slowly got closer toward me as we talked, and I noticed but didn't say anything.