0.7

Ethan was sitting at his usual table in study hall when I walked in, talking to his friends. He didn't even notice me, so I just walked up and sat in the empty seat next to him.

"You forgot these at my place," I hummed, handing him a small assortment of things he'd left, including his charger. He nodded and resumed conversation, barely acknowledging my presence. "Can we talk?"

"What the fuck do we have to talk about?"

My eyes widened, making sure I heard him correctly. Snickers left the mouths of everyone around the table as I looked at him, dumbfounded. Grayson was the only other one who looked just as confused as I did. I thought things were good between us after this weekend.

"You're joking, right?" I asked slowly, Ethan shaking his head as he scrolled through Instagram. "What the fuck is your problem, dickhead?"

"Get over yourself, Heaven." He scoffed, reaching to fix the beanie he was wearing. In a moment of anger, I slapped it off his head and across the floor. "Oh my god, why're you such a bitch all the fucking time?!" A few heads turned as he shouted- including Noah's, who just noticed that I was even in here in the first place. I should've left for class, but the way Ethan was acting was making my blood boil.

"I fucking hate you," as I go to shove him backward, he grabs my hand.

"Watch your mouth." Ethan snapped. We glared at each other, waiting to see who would make the next move. "Little girls shouldn't be so mean."

He knew how to press every single one of my buttons. Even the way he spoke the words or looked at me when he said them hit me hard, only adding to my anger that was rapidly growing.

"I don't know why I fucking bother with you at this point." I spit, standing to my feet and storming out of the cafeteria, despite seeing both Noah and Grayson trying to get my attention as I'm doing so. I'll talk to them later.

Sitting down in my class right as the bell rings, I huff and place my earbuds in. This teacher doesn't really give a fuck, and I'm not feeling history class right now.

What the hell happened to him since he left my house Saturday morning? It was two days.

Did he just get what he wanted, is that what it was? He used me and then decided to start being a dick again? Because that's what it seemed like.

And I let it happen without a second thought. I thought things were good between us, that we were getting along and that maybe we were done fighting all the time, that this stupid war between us was over and we could move past it.

Apparently, it was stupid to assume.

Mia came up to me in the hall after class, pulling me into a bathroom so we could have a moment to talk. She looked worried.

"Noah said you and Ethan got into it this morning... what happened?"

"He sucks, that's what happened!" I shout, leaning backwards against the wall. She waited for me to elaborate. "I don't even know, I brought him some stuff he left at my place and he was just being a dick to me for no reason. As if nothing happened at all last week."

"Damn, I'm glad I cursed him out this morning then. You deserve so much better than dealing with him all the time." She pulled me in for a hug.

"Wait, you spoke to Ethan this morning? What did you say to him?" I ask, feeling a pit growing in my stomach. This cannot be good. I don't think she meant to do anything, but I have a feeling this is why Ethan was so cold to me during his study hall.