1.6

"Come home right after detention!"

"I know, I know! How long am I grounded for again?" I groaned, leaning against the doorway. My mom was home this morning because she had the day off work for some reason. But I liked when she was home in the mornings because I could take her car.

"Until further notice, Heaven. Now go," she shooed me out the door.

It was my first day going back since Ethan and I were suspended, and I wasn't really looking forward to all of the work I'd missed. Or sitting in detention for an hour after school.

Eve and Noah informed me in advance that everyone at school knew what happened. No clue how they found out, but it was common knowledge at this point.

Grayson, Eve, and Noah were the only people that I had mentioned it to. But Ethan and I hadn't spoke since he texted me for a booty call and I blew him off so I didn't know who he told. He was probably still hostile over the interaction because he didn't get his way.

Other than the idea of so much missed work, being back was kind of exciting. My viewpoint would probably change after a few minutes but being grounded was boring.

My first class was actually decent. I got there, I got to see my friends for the first time in a week, and class wasn't too bad.

Between first and second period I made my way to the cafeteria to find Grayson. As expected, he sat in study hall right next to his brother.

"Gray, can we talk?" I smiled, seeing him nod and come sit with me at an empty table. Ethan gave me a sideways glance as I spoke to Grayson, catching up briefly just because I missed him. "So, before I go, just tell me how fucked I am in English."

"Well you did miss a lot, but if you can come over after detention I could help you get caught up," he suggests, seeing the look on my face. "You're grounded, aren't you?"

"Sadly. But I'll see what I can do." Gray nodded, giving me a swift hug before retreating back to his table.

As I was leaving, someone grabbed my wrist. My first thought was that it was Ethan but it turned out to be Mason. We talked casually, because he was friends with Ethan and Grayson, but what could he want?

Mason stepped forward, my back hitting the wall as I swallowed slowly. I didn't like where this was going. Not many people could see us as we were in a far corner.

"I heard you like to fuck at school," he whispered, planting a kiss on my neck. "Why don't we go somewhere I know we won't be caught?"

"M-mason, move." I muttered, attempting to push his chest to get him to back off. He didn't budge.

"Oh come on, Heaven. Everyone knows you're easy." Mason rolled his eyes, one hand gripping my thigh tightly and the other holding me in place. "There's no need to be coy. Unlike Ethan, I won't blab to everyone."

"Mason, seriously. Let me go," biting the inside of my cheek, I struggled under his grasp again. My senses were dulled, but the smell of weed coming from him and the pounding in my chest were prominent. No one was looking this way, so I attempted to bite his hand. If this escalates any more I'll need to scream.

"Ethan's right, you are difficult." He muttered, squeezing the sides of my face together to shut me up, but also take control. His grip hurt.