1.9

"What the hell is this miscreant doing in your room?"

"M-mr. Jones!" Ethan spluttered, clambering up to his feet. We weren't even doing anything, only lying on our stomachs in my bed and watching YouTube.

"Heaven, explain." My father demanded, crossing his arms. I rolled my eyes as Ethan stood as straight as could be, fiddling with his fingers as his chest rose and fell erratically. He was a huge help.

"Dad, we're just hanging out." I sighed, climbing up to look him in the eye. My dad was still pissed at Ethan after the whole sex at school thing. Which I guess was understandable, but he couldn't control my life. It was just getting annoying at this point; if I even mentioned Ethan he'd go off on a tangent about how I shouldn't see him.

"I don't care. Ethan, I want you out of my house. Now." Ethan nodded and immediately moved to grab his shoes.

"Ethan, don't move."

He looked between my father and I slowly, unsure of who to listen to. Typically Ethan wasn't scared to stand his ground, but with my father he was a mess.

"Mom said he could be up here. We aren't even doing anything," a groan fell from my lips as my father pointed toward Ethan's shoes. "Dad! You're being completely unfair. I'll even leave my door open if it makes you happy."

"I want that boy out of my house, Heaven."

"Then I'm going with him. C'mon, E." The boy didn't speak up, slipping his Vans on and tossing me my sweatshirt.

"No you're not, Heaven. You're staying here. I forbid it." I scoffed at my fathers words as I threw a few random things I wanted into a small bag.

"Incase you've forgotten, I'm an adult. I don't have to listen to you, I choose to. Not this time- I'm leaving." Ethan linked his hand with mine as I dragged him down the stairs, my father following and nagging us the whole way.

My mom sat in the kitchen, watching the scene unfold without interrupting. She'd agreed that Ethan and I could hangout, despite being hesitant, because she didn't hate me.

That was a stretch; my father cared about me, he could just be a little uptight a lot of the time. Especially when it came to boys.

He was the reason that my last three boyfriends and I split. He was only a little bit overprotective.

"Heaven, if you walk out that door I don't want to see you back in this house." He spoke clearly, and I sensed Ethan become reluctant to let me leave with him.

"Good! I didn't want to come back anyway!"

The door slams behind us. And it doesn't open again. So we get in Ethan's car in silence, and he doesn't say anything until after we drive off.

"Are you sure that was a good idea, babygirl?" He asked quietly. "I can turn around if you want. We can always hangout tomorrow." It was cute that he cared so much about it. His eyebrows were drawn together, and he glanced at me every few seconds to make sure I was alright.

"He didn't mean it, he was just mad. I'll go home later tonight and it won't even be mentioned." Ethan nodded, placing his hand on my thigh as we drove. "I really appreciate you backing me up though."

"I'm sorry! Your dad scares me. It's hard to look him in the eye knowing that he knows what I've done to his daughter." I giggled, leaning over the console to kiss Ethan's cheek.

"There's a lot more that he doesn't know. And I'm sure there'll be plenty of things to come that he'll never find out about." Ethan turned to me, a small smirk on his lips.