|Chp 8: Silk on the Body|

North smiled at me as I sat uncomfortable on her bed as she went through the wardrobe. "I'm so excited for this." North said. Not feeling the same. "Your so pretty." North said looking at me with a smile on her face.

"You have a tiny figure yet defined, beautiful amber eyes, and your hair is such a pretty mixture of colors. All the girls here are the same. Tall, white haired, and brown eyes, and it's boring. But your so pretty." North went on as I sat there realizing why North made Thaddeus apologize once more.

To get on my good side to make me willing. "So I made our designer make up some things all night, and even with the rushed time they came out beautiful, and she's still making things to replace all those rags you own." North said turning to me.

"I mean they're nicely done, but the fabric isn't the best. Some are nice, but my stuff is better." North said. Because her stuff was rich silk and what not. "I think this will be a good thing to try on." North said turning around holding out a dress.

I felt my nose scrunch up. Sure it was pretty, but I'm not some sort of princess. The dress was a deep navy blue silk with gems sewn onto it. "Do you like it?" North asked excitement in her voice. She had that made for me, it was obvious.

The dress would be knee length on her while most of her dresses were long and flowing. I felt bad that I wanted to turn her down on the dress. North seemed like a sweet girl. And it was obvious I couldn't handle her like how I handled Ruby or any of the other bears.

I mean Ruby I could take on, I moved too fast for her or hit her hard. But North, she didn't seem like one for violence. But I'm sure she could knock me flat on my ass. She was taller and more muscular than me as well as being a polar bear.

And then I would have to not only deal with Thaddeus but Quinn as well. Quinn didn't want me bullying the bears but he wouldn't get aggressive with me over them. I'm pretty sure he would if I began to taunt North some since it was his sister.

And he seemed to care very much about her. So I wasn't going to push my luck that far with Quinn much less Thaddeus. I think Thaddeus would say fuck North and being violent towards me and beat the living daylights out of me. And he proved capable of doing it as well.

Maybe one day I would get him back for that. "Put it on I want to see you in it." North said thrusting the dress into my arms. Reluctantly I stripped down before putting on the dress and North zipped it up before turning me around to look at me.

I frowned. "You look so pretty in this dress." North gushed out with a big smile on her face. And then she led me to the reflection glass before taking her brush and running it through my surprisingly not knotted up hair as I stared at the mirror.

I had never worn a dress before in my life. Well on occasion I wore a nightgown back when my mom was alive. But a dress? Never. And now here I stood in Quinn's sisters room in a dress fit for a queen. Or a princess. North was a princess after all.

Four moons ago I never would of believed it. But here I stood in front of the mirror in a dress. I looked foreign to me in my opinion. As if a different girl reflected back to me in the reflection glass. One that didn't show a hard life born and bred through.

The dress contrasted my skin, the light color from the winter that had beaten down. I was so used to my fur leggings and shirts that the dress was weird with all the open space between my legs. My eyes shifted to the wolf necklace on my neck that hung out of the dress.

The necklace I got from the city. "You look beautiful." North said holding my shoulders before I turned around. "It's nice, but I prefer my clothes. Looks better on you." I told North and she nodded before unzipping the dress as I sat on her plush bed.