|Chp. 23: Guilt & Love|

Quinn was making sure to keep my mind occupied by anything other than the wolves. And that I knew for sure. He was making sure to put everything in my mind except for the wolves and that I could tell with just one look at him and his actions.

He talked quite a lot to me about anything and everything. He offered to teach me how to fight like him and honestly it was about amusing on how he tried so hard. And did it with a smile no less. So I let him keep me busy.

Despite having absolutely no use in learning how to fight with a spear I listened to him. It made him happy. Quinn knew how to use most blunt force weapons. Axes, swords, spears, all of that was quite up his lane and I knew that from the moment I met him.

Even young like Quinn was when I met him he was quite larger than me. With someone his size those blunt force weapons were even deadlier. I preferred my bow and arrow, but close range weapon happened to be my obsidian dagger, the gift from my mother most of all.

If they got up and close to me when I was taking them out and I wasn't one with Lupa well then the dagger came out. My mom loved that dagger. So I took special care of it. The blade was a bit dull compared to most metal daggers that there out there.

But it hurt like a bitch. I had seen what that dagger was capable of and I held a great respect for it. Cleaning it was something I made sure to do. I skinned animals with the dagger, the dagger was a multiuse dagger an that was for sure.

I used it for almost everything possible. After all it was my mothers and she had given it to me literally right before she died. Despite that it was something I valued very much and my main weapon of offense and defense.

Quinn remained there watching me to make sure I didn't have my mind on those nasty wolves. The ones who had killed my mother and left me an orphan. Well played a role in her death having planned to kill her, the only difference was the leopards gave the killing blow instead of them doing it.

But at least the leopards didn't have a personal vendetta against her except for the fear installed into city animals. To fear bears, foxes and wolves. Quinn was once more out where they practiced their skills holding a spear in his hand, except this time he wasn't just practicing.

He was literally sparring with Thaddeus. Their bears were here as well walking and pacing to see who would come out on top. Claw looked impatient and threatening as always with that deep scar in his eye while Eden paced a bit more patient than Claw. Lupa was more patient though.

She sat down leaned back a little watching Quinn. They both knew what they were doing. Quinn lunged once more hitting Thaddeus with the wooden part of the spear before thrusting out the metal. Thaddeus leaned back as the metal swept near his face before he kicked Quinn in the leg.

Quinn crumpled down and then dodged Thaddeus slamming the butt of the spear down. "Talented are they not?" I looked up to see North gathering her dress to sit down next to me. "Mhm." I mumbled as Lupa looked over at Primrose, North's bear whom was following her.

Primrose was very obviously smaller than Claw and Eden's large forms. Being around this many polar bears really reminded me that I was much smaller. Quinn was tall, but when it was just him I could ignore it, at the base I was just at Hiro's height which made me feel much better.

He had a little bit on me, not much. When his bear was on all fours Lupa reached right about his lower jaw, but that didn't stop her extreme strength. And Lupa sure did love targeting his bear since he was small. . . and her size so she had a chance of winning.

With the rest of the bears Lupa had been unsure if she would win. But with Hiro's bear she was pretty certain she had a big chance of it. But now that we were surrounded by polar bears Lupa's ego and confidence had take a bit of a hit.