|Chp. 31: Cries of Battle|

The next morning I could still feel Quinn's lips on mine even as he laid next to me smelling of the wine he had drunk. The servants ran him a bath. If I thought the feasts were grand before there was nothing quite like this one.

A royal battle. It had everyone gathering in the streets. The feast took place in the center tables covered in food of all sorts. Tons of polar bears walked of all sizes. All having white coats with the deep brown eyes and sometimes lighter, some having scars others not.

Cubs ran as well chasing their mothers. Blizzard for the first time didn't seem too comfortable. A wolf. He was a wolf amongst bears now. And he knew it. I felt a bit bad for him as his wolf pup Snow sat at his feet as he drank the drink Honey had gotten him.

There was many drinks set up around. From the finest wines that the kingdom could produce to flavored fruit induced water. Blizzard's bright blue eyes shifted around a stunning color amongst the brown eyes and then my amber ones. His wolf had the same color as his.

He was like a snow storm; a blizzard with a bright blue horizon in the distance promising tranquility and peace once more. Orsen was drinking wine as well. Maybe he'd get drunk and not fight right giving Quinn the chance to win. Quinn was now staying away from the alcohol after last night and how wasted he got and the horrible headache he had when he woke up this morning.

But at least it was better now. Quinn was walking around with Eden followed him as I followed him trying to forget kissing him as well as the fact that he had wanted to do it with me.

He didn't even seem to remember it, which was fine by me. No need to relive that memory no matter how good it was. It would never work. He was a bear and I was a wolf. I watched as he went back over to the feast for the royals.

Elk was out having been roasted in honey and peppers. Seal was out dripping in it's seasoning. Boar sliced into small pieces. Regular deer out, along with some duck that migrated the wrong way and ended being shot down by some of the hunters, a fatal mistake for the ducks.

Quinn silently got a piece of seal and let Eden have some as Lupa went up to the table. She was tall enough that she could put her head on the table. Blizzard was at the table with Honey getting food as he held Snow who watched Lupa in interest wanting to learn about her.

Lupa's eyes were trained on the leg of the elk. She moved before I could yell at her snatching the entire leg down and running away with it charging past any bears who got in her way before hiding in a place no one could get to her in.

Snow's ears were up as he eyed up a leg deciding if he should do what Lupa did. And then Blizzard set him down in a chair and he followed in Lupa's footsteps and snatched a piece of boar and ate it, but unlike Lupa he didn't get caught.

Sneaky wolf. I got myself some food as well along with a cup of refreshing water. Not long after Lupa came out licking her chops as Eden watched her. Lupa shook her fur free of the snow that had fallen on her when she went into hiding with the leg.

And I wasn't surprised to see a freshly cover hole that she buried the bone in. "So, how is the food?" Quinn asked and I looked at him. "Good, and the water it's quite something else." I said looking at the yellow fruit floating around in the cup of water as Quinn nodded.

"Yeah North likes her flavored water quite much. She always has to have it here no matter what. So yeah my mom had a bunch made for her." Quinn said and I nodded at that. "And obviously forget to put out regular water." Quinn said with a bit of a smile.

"Sorry." Quinn said. "It's fine." I responded continuing to drink my drink and Quinn nodded. He was tense, but I couldn't exactly blame him. At the end of this day he'd be fighting Orsen in a fight to the death type of match. And he wasn't sure if he was going to win.