|Chp. 17: Reasons of Hatred|

Orsen talked like he was above all else and everyone should bow down to him. That he was the ultimate. But the only one who really did bow down was his submissive mate and of course his sons. No one else gave him the head bow.

Not even North. Honey was quite fed up with Orsen but managed to behave herself. Elk, seal, and wild turkey was served baked in peanut oil, and herbs. It was a good taste to the wild turkey I ate along with some of the elk. I stayed away from the seal.

They may like it had, but I had not a single taste for the rubbery meat. It did not agree with my taste buds one bit. So the typical meat was what I tended to stick to when they served dinners like this. This was my second one.

But of course the base where Quinn and I belonged to ate together in a group. A huge cafeteria full of stone and tables with food steaming and cooking in the kitchen. But this place was more regal and classy with the ice décor and the servants on hand delivering food to those who wanted it.

The finest blueberries sat in a bowl with Quinn eating some his eyes on the seal on his plate. I could hear Lupa begin to snap a piece of the bone before chomping it down and swallowing it. The feast was quiet at first when it first started.

The only sound that echoed was food being moved, chewed, and eaten as well as the squish of the oil and the meat peeling from the bone. And when the talking finally began it was tense talking as if waiting for a fight to break out at any moment.

But the topic that Orsen started with irritated me. "I heard those mutts are testing the borders once more." Orsen said as I glanced up. "Be more specific." Myr said as Orsen ran a hand through his oily and limp white hair as he stared at everyone at the table before eyes landing on me.

His gaze was cruel and hostile making the hair on the nape of my neck go up as Lupa glanced up sensing my aggression. "Apparently a group of wolves were running the borders near your sons, seems to be around when that wolf you have here came in." Orsen said.

I knew what he was talking of. When the wolves chasing me through their territory before halting at the polar bear territory line. They didn't test the border more of knew not to cross it but almost did when attempting to shred me into tiny Silver and Lupa bits.

"I'm surprised you even let a wolf into here considering what they did to your sons face. Scarring such a young cub after betraying you no less, and then you let a wolf into your home." Orsen said and I bit my tongue to restrain a sling of insults that wanted to spill forth.

Orsen didn't like me, it didn't take much for me to notice it. And he was trying to provoke me as well. Maybe to make an example of me by attacking me because I went after him.

But I wasn't stupid and neither was Lupa. We kept our cool ignoring the words from Orsen. I kept my focus on the wild turkey covered in peanut oil tearing it apart with the fork while keeping my attention on the table and away from Orsen not falling for what he was doing.

Trying to provoke me and prove me a danger and a threat. And I was not a danger nor a threat. The wolves who attacked Thaddeus and slayed the rest of the bears were not me, I held no danger to them. Quinn was my best friend after all in this world.

He meant the most to me out of everyone I had met and I wouldn't ruin our relationship because of Orsen. And that's what Orsen was trying to do. Provoke me to make me attack. But I ignored him as Honey cut up some of the seal she was eating her eyes on Orsen.

"She's not part of the pack that attacked us. If anything they identify her as a lone wolf whom they'd shred for stepping on their territory and she hasn't made herself a threat while being here." Honey said her brown eyes on Orsen daring him to argue with her.