Buzzkill!

Selina pov

As we made our way up the deteriorating staircase, I smirked as his wishful thinking. Did he really think I was this easy to find? At least if I was by his side, I could draw him away from my actual hideouts, and protect the other side of myself.

As we neared the fourth floor, he stopped half way up the stairs and planted a small metal gadget onto the wall.

"What's that?" I questioned, tapping the tiny thing with the tip of my razor sharp nail.

"One of my many toys." He replied bluntly, before continuing up the flight of stairs. I made a mental note to retun here and inspect the alien device at a later date.

We pushed on, wandering further up through the building, stopping once in a while to inspect a room or two. After around half an hour, we reached the roof. By now, it was pitch black outside. Bruce- well, Batman- withdrew some small lenses from his pocket and clipped them into the eye pieces on his mask. I cocked an eyebrow at him as he handed me some similar instrument.

"Night vision." He stated, and I snorted at him in reply

"I'm a cat. I can see in the dark." I boasted

"Stop playing pretend. But you might have to take out those contacts as they may interfere with your field of view." He said, stepping closer to me and holding out the lenses.

"As much as I love screwing with you, there are real." I hissed, motioning to my bright green eyes with catlike irises.

"Just take them." He pressed, forcing the lenses into my hand. Frustrated, I slapped them away.

"I said I don't need them." I snarled

"You can't see in the dark, it's impossible." He stated matter-of-factly.

"And I through it was impossible to be this ignorant- I guess we were both wrong." I snapped venomously, storming away before breaking into a sprint and leaping onto the next rooftop.

He was beside me in an instant.

"Fine." He surrendered, putting the lenses away and heading towards the roof entrance of the building.

"How did you know I wanted to come this way." He asked when we were around 3 floors from the bottom.

"I didn't. I just happened to want to." I shrugged.

He turned to me and tilted his chin up, almost as a way of saying 'uhuh, sure'.

I blew some hair from my eyes before giving in.

"Because your too predictable. You plan is to search every building in this quarter tonight, plastering each in cameras and recorders, trying to find whoever it is you're looking for. But if this 'ghost' is smart enough to have left you with no clue as to their whereabouts, I would say they don't want to be found. Meaning they are going to keep running, and this isn't how you find somebody." I stated, once again examining my nails.

"Don't pretend like you care. You're probably finding this far too amusing to be any actual help." He snarled

"You're right. I don't care." I spat back, my eyes slits. I shoved past him and made my way to the bottom floor before exiting the building onto the street. He went to follow me, but as he got outside, a gunshot rang out and a bullet whizzed past him and into he wall to his left. I turned, only to come face to face with 15 or so men dressed in green, all holding some form of weapon.

"Hello there Bat. Taking your new pet on a walk are we?" Laughed the largest man holding a machine gun. "She's a cute one- her whip would make a lovely addition to my collection."

"And your spleen would make a wonderful addition to mine." I smiled back, acting sweet.

"You've got quite the attitude haven't you little one." He chuckled darkly.

"And you've got quite the imagination if you think you're going to walk away form this." I replied in a flirtatious tone.

"Oh I love his one! Perhaps she would be more entertaining if we kept her on a lead!" He laughed, and the rest of his group chuckled too.

"Why don't you find out?" I teased, winking at him.

With that, he grinned widely, evilly, before making a beeline towards me.

I stood still right until he extended his hand to grab me, before producing my whip and tangling it around his neck and yanking him towards my waiting hand. My sharp nailed ripped into his shoulder, and he screamed out, before I tugged sharply on the whip, emitting a sickening snap and silencing him forever.

"He was too loud for his own good." I shrugged towards the group of his henchmen, who all stared in disbelief. It didn't last long however, as one of them screamed for the rest to attack. I instantly got into a fighting stance, ready.

But it turned out that there was no need. As the group neared, several metallic balls rolled out into the centre of their charge, and emitted a blast of electricity, knocking the consciousness out of all of the men. I looked over to the Batman, who was already on call the the GCPD to come and collect the group of defenceless criminals.

"I didn't need your help!" I yelled, storming over to him, angry that he messed up my thrill for a fight.

"We have work to do." He replied calmly, ending the call the the police.

"No, YOU have work to do. I'm here to have fun!" I shouted

"You would have hurt them." He stated, still calm

"That is what I do best." I snarled

"They will serve their punishment in accordance to the law." He said bluntly.

"Buzzkill!" I exclaimed, balling up my fists in exasperation, and storming over the the entrance to the next building. A silent 'I'm still gonna help though'.

I heard him chuckle slightly as he followed me in, ready to resume our hunt.