Damned thing

Selina pov

"Thanks Bruce, but I think I've overstated my welcome." I hissed, my teeth grinding together in rage.

I turned, and almost ran to the window, flinging the curtains from my path.

"Selina wait!" Bruce screamed from behind me, but I had already leapt out onto the ledge and was descending onto the grass.

"Wait!" He cried again, chasing after me, leaping down from the ledge and landing beside me with a stumble.

"Where are you going?!" He asked, his eyes pleading and his voice laced with concern.

"Thought it was obvious." I shrugged, before turning to growl at him through clenched teeth "I'm going as far away from you as I can possibly get."

I turned and set off at a sprint across the lawn, leaving him stood, bewildered, behind me.

I didn't make it far though, as mid run, something wound around my ankles and I toppled forward, shrieking out in frustration as I realised that he had launched one of his bat traps at me.

I rolled over and sat up to untangle myself, but by then he had reached my location, and tackled me so I fell again, his weight pinning me down.

"Get off me!!" I screamed, thrashing beneath him, snarling at him the entire time.

"Selina listen to me!" He cried in return, shifting so his weight was on my wrists which he had pinned on either side of my head.

"You had your chance to talk. I'm all out of patience. Let. Me. Go." I spat, kicking my knees up to his stomach in an attempt to wind him and loosen his grip.

I struck him several times, but he simply gritted his teeth, before his focus shifted to my right hand.

He sprang off of me, peeling back my fingers from the item I had subconsciously clung to. Once he had what he wanted, he moved away from me and allowed me to get free and stand before him.

"What the hell!" I snarled angrily, shoving him in exasperation.

"You won't listen to me." He stated matter-of-factly.

"Damn right I won't." I retorted coldly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"So maybe visuals are more your thing." He smirked- how can he joke when he can

see my irritation. Ahh!!

"Don't patronise me, Wayne. You listen and you listen good. I don't care what it is you want from me, or what it is you think I want from you. Because I'm done. I didn't get to say goodbye last time, so here it is. See you around, Bruce Wayne." I said venomously, before curtsying and resuming my walk away from the phantoms of my past.

"Before you go, are you sure you don't want this back?" He muttered from behind me.

And despite myself, my feline curiosity took hold and I stopped in my tracks. I heaved a sigh, wondering what it was that he thought could save his damned thing we had going on.

"Do enlighten me Bruce, what is it that I want returned?" I said, snorting a sarcastic laugh as I turned to face him.

In his hand, he held a small device. A flash drive. I definitely didn't leave it behind.

But...Cat did.