Hollow tears

Selina pov

I walked around my hide, collecting necessities and stuffing them aggressively into a small backpack . I didn't have much. I would just steal anything else I needed when I got to wherever it was I was going. Objects are worthless anyway. Kinda like people.

Checking all of my weapons were secure on their allocated places on my body,I looked around, scanning the room to ensure I had everything I needed. My gaze settled on the small remote, still in pieces on my bed. I grabbed it and tucked it into my suit. Nothing meant anything to me anymore. But I would keep this, as a constant reminder of Selina Kyle, and the monster who helped to kill her. As a reminder never to care again.

I picked up the bag, threading one arm through a handle, when I heard a tapping on the window above me head. I didn't need to look to know who it was.

"Cat?" Called an unfamiliar voice.

I bore my whip, using it to grasp the window handle and swiftly tugg it open.

The figure crawled through the now open window and landed behind me with a thud, but I kept my back to them, replacing the whip at my side.

"Cat?" He asked, addressing me with a tone of unease.

Silence.

I stood, replaying his voice in my mind, trying to match it to an emotion. Failing, I realised it was nothing to me anymore. He was nothing.

"Cat... are you alright? He asked, taking a shaky step towards me and reaching out to grab my arm. I turned before he could make contact, whipping his hand away, my claws catching it in the process. He recoiled back, clutching his bleeding palm. Oops.

"What the hell cat!" He cired, trying to stop the bleeding. It wasn't that deep. Why so dramatic?

"Cat? Are you alright?" He repeated, his voice laced with concern. You didn't care before, why pretend to care now? I looked at him for a moment... more like through him, only then noticing that he wasn't wearing his Bat attire. So I was taking to Bruce. I didn't matter. Still, he was nothing.

"Never better." I stated bluntly, my voice robotic.

"Are you sure?" He pressed, edging closer again.

"I'm perfectly fine thanks for the concern." I stated, smiling emotionlessly at him.

He sighed, trying to read my expressionless face. His tone shifted to a nervous one, unsure of how to proceed with this somewhat awkward conversation. Not me. I stood silently, replaying the worthless memories of our adventures over in my mind, pausing only when remembering our somewhat enjoyable game of cat and mouse.

He spoke again, but I missed what he said, my mind focused instead on the idea brimming there.

"How about one more game, Batsy?" I muttered under my breath.

"Huh?"

I ignored him.

"How did you know, that I wasn't alright?" I asked with fake appreciation.

His face fell to an expression of uncertainty, seemingly to consider the answer. Well, to consider the lie he was about to tell me. Looking up at my unmoving expression, he swallowed hard and let out a shaky break before replying.

"I was patrolling nearby when I heard... screaming." He stuttered. So he had been listening. But I already knew that. I was mearly asking for my own entertainment. Watching him try to explain himself was hilarious. Watching him lie to me over and over was hilarious. Hilarious that he thought he could get away with it.