Morals

Bruce pov

I stormed out of the viewing room, flinging open the door with such a force, it slammed into the wall before shaking violently.

Jim sped after me, half running to keep up with my furious pace.

"Bruce!" He called after me, urging me to wait, but I hurried down the hall, aggressively shoving the doors from my path. I took a sharp turn, and without even thinking, flung open the door to the interview room, causing a loud crash to resound around the room.

Catwomans gaze didn't shift from her claws, and her somewhat smug expression remained solid.

I hurried over to the table, slamming the door shut behind me with my foot.

As I yanked the chair from under the desk and took a seat, he face suddenly clicked up, her sharp green eyes burning into me.

Her gaze was filled with such agony and yet carelessness, I had to look away from its intensely, much to her amusement.

She grinned, leaning back in her chair and flicking her feet up to rest on the table, and her hands fell to rest behind her head.

"There's just no avoiding you is there." She purred, eyes flashing with humour.

"Was that the aim then?" I asked, finally finding my voice.

"I had to do something to distract from the burning urge to kill you." She shrugged casually, seemingly uncaring of the fact that she was threatening someone in a police station.

"Is that what you want then? To never have deal with me again?" I muttered, swallowing the lump of guilt and hurt in my throat.

"Can you blame me?" She hissed, sitting up straight now.

"I just hoped.." I began but she cut me off with a bang as her fists crashed down onto the table.

"Hoped what? That I magically forgive you? That an apology and some puppy dog eyes would make this all go away? It's a bitter pill to swallow Wayne. Be careful not to choke on it." She spat, venom ringing in her words.

She leaned back again, crossing her arms over her chest. I sighed heavily, blinking back the wetness in my eyes.

I picked up the papers from the desk beside me and fiddled with them, straightening them out as I regained my composure.

"Catwoman." I began, reading from the list of questions on the printed sheet before me. "What was the nature of your visit to the GCPD last night."

"I was here to report a crime but the Jimbo jumped me. The hospitality could use some work." She said, her voice monotone and emotionless.

"So it had nothing to do with the artefacts our team acquired from the Sirens?" I continued

"Sirens?" She gasped mockingly "I would never be involved in stealing for them!"

"Our data analysis shows you have previous involvement and connections with this group, would you care to elaborate?"

"Nah, not really."

"So you weren't here to steal for them?"

"No."

"Then why were you here?"

"To report. A crime."

"So no association with the Sirens?"

"You know, you get real dull real fast." She mocked, clearly done with this exchange. She twisted her body slightly, waving to the mirror that she knew was really glass.

"Yoo Hoo! Hello. Yes. Um, can I switch interrogators please, this one isn't nearly as intimidating as I hoped." She laughed, cocking an eyebrow.

"Cat, listen, I..."

"No you listen and you listen good. What you did hurt. Bad. But right now isn't the time for it. So of you fancy redemption, how about you start by leaving me the hell alone." She hissed, standing sharply with such a force, her chair was flung back a few feet.

Her cold eyes cut into me like daggers, and the sheer screech of the metal table as it was empaled by her claws was excruciating.

I stood without another glance in her direction, rushing to the door and out of sight.

But I didn't stop there. Once I had exited the room and was sure she couldn't see me, I broke into a sprint, dashing through the GCPD, out of the doors and into Gotham's streets.

I continued to run, as fast as my legs would carry me. Run all the way back to Wayne manor. All the way back the the cave. All the way back to my suit, which, for the first time, I would equip for a crime.

Morals aside, I needed to earn her forgiveness, or at least her tolerance.

I had to break her out.