Two

M E G A N

I had to find Steven - and fast! He was nowhere to be found. He wasn't at his usual spot with his friends and his teachers did not even know where he was. I breathed a sigh of relief when I found him sitting on a bench in a classroom. I wanted to scold him but I was so glad I found him! I carried him on my back and began the short journey home.

Steven was already bathed in sweat by the time we arrived. I didn't blame him - he was just four years old. Things would be so much easier if I had a car like Rachel did. Rachel. Even though she is the meanest person I know, she is also the richest, she and her two best friends.

 When I arrived home, no one was there. Mum usually arrives home late and so I never wait for her or anything but do all house chores immediately I arrive home. I dumped my backpack on the couch and put Steven in the bathtub and bathed him. Unfortunately, he was very naughty and kept playing in the bathtub which made me wet. He was really dirty and I wondered if he walked in mud or played in mud. I helped him put on a Spiderman T-shirt and shorts and then gave him some food to eat. I read him a story and before I knew it, he was dozing off. I put him in his bed and put the lights off. I did my Math homework and went to bed.

 The next morning, I woke up to the chirping of the birds on my windowsill. I quickly got up from bed and did my morning things. I pulled an old jacket from my closet and picked a pink lace shirt and denim jeans.I wore them as quickly as I could and went downstairs to help Steven with his morning things. My mother had already helped him dress up so I carried his lunchbag. My father was not at home which was not surprising. He is an importer and so he sometimes doesn't come home for weeks.

Jayda was outside my house, waiting for me. Her little sister, Rebecca was with her. Rebecca and Steven go to the same kindergarten and are in the same grade. After Jayda and I took Steven and Rebecca to their school, we hurried to Westfield High School so we would not be late for homeroom.

I was glad for the summer break soon and I was really excited that I would be going to Christian Summer School (CSS) ! I had been going to Christian Summer School with Jayda ever since I was 12. It was a camp that my church, Gracefield Church organized yearly for 12 - 18 year olds. It had really made an impact on my life and changed my perceptions. I had really enjoyed all my experiences at the camp and hoped that I would become a camp counsellor and a mentor to young children.