chapter 7

-still flashback-

Roman pov

After Virgil said those things,he said he was tired and he went up to his room to sleep it off.

-end flashback-

Virgil pov
Tw: cutting

I got to my room and I went to my bathroom and grabbed my razor blade and I made cuts after cuts slicing the blade across my wrist. I stopped when my wrist was painted Scarlet. I cleaned my wrist and the sink and bandaged the cuts. I started worrying if Roman would notice I did it again but then realized he would know anyway because we both see each other at night. I felt shame wash over me in the speed of light because he looked so upset that I did the others.

Time skip brought to you by the angst in this book

Roman pov

It's time to go and it's time to meet up with Virgil. I got to the dream world and we stopped flying and I noticed blood stained bandages on Virgil's wrists and frowned at Virgil,who looked down in shame. "Hey Virgil." I attempted a smile and it didn't work. "Roman stop faking a smile. I know your doing it because I do it all day everyday. Just say it." I supposed it was no use so I said " why did you do it? I understand you were upset but why didn't you tell me you had the urge?" "It told me to." " What told you to?" " The voice in my head that's basically my depression." I nodded and said " just come to me next time you have the urge to do it." He nodded and we flew to our respective parts of the dream realm.

Virgil pov

We parted ways and I went to the place I've been dreading to go all day, the nightmare realm. I saw that the creatures we're already trying to break the wall that separates the dream realm from the nightmare realm. I decided that tonight,I would use the element of surprise. I snuck to the back of the group and quickly and quietly as I could,killed half of the group without getting seen but I slipped up and all of them saw me. I beat them with a lot more ease than normal but I still got gashes on my arms and a few of my feathers got pulled out. Thomas was about to wake up so I packed up and I started thinking as I flew. I hope Roman's alright. I don't want his handsome face to be- WAIT HANDSOME?!?! God I think I have a crush on Roman. I got to the dream realm and found Roman unharmed but looking very tired. He saw my gashes and healed them with the magic he gains in the dream realm. I thanked him and we went back to the mind scape but that was a mistake for me.