chapter 16

Virgil pov
I slowly woke from my sleep to the feeling of my shirt being lifted. Once i actually woke up fully, i saw that dad was seeing my wings for the first time. I didn't really care only because i am still extremely tired. So instead of freaking out, i took off my hoodie and shirt and folded my wings around my body like a blanket. " guys go away im still tired." roman just smiled at me being tired and dad was still shocked. "Ugh dad would you like me to explain?" he nodded and so i sat up and unfolded my wings from my body so he could touch them. "Ok so where should i start?" "when you first got them please." "ok then, i got my wings when i disappeared from the dark mind palace at 12 years old and appeared here. I new who i was and what the wings were meant for. They were meant for going to the nightmare realm in the dead of night and battling the nightmare creatures that lurk there. Ever since i was 12 i have had to battle them every night and after each night, i would come back covered in cuts, burns, and gashes on my arms and legs. My wings are basically indestructible aside from my feathers able to be pulled out but grow back as soon as they are pulled. I have to kill all of the creatures before they break the wall that blocks them from going to the normal dream realm where roman is at night or Thomas will have a nightmare. Tonight, i have to go back and do the same thing again. But by tonight i mean in about an hour seeing as its 11 at night and they don't spawn back in until 12." he frowned. "When do you sleep then?" my smile drops. "I-i don't." i dropped my head. "Before today, the last time i slept was a few days ago when i passed out from sleep deprivation. Now let me get ready so i can leave in 20 minutes.

Deceit pov

Once virgil was done getting ready, he looked ready for war. He had a cross bow, a normal bow, daggers, and a katana. He had his hoodie off and shirt on. He told me i could watch what he was doing through a camera he was gonna place on a tree branch that has a clear view of what was going on which calmed me at least a bit.

Hey guys, im gonna be slowing down on the updates so that i don't get writers block. I also can't update tomorrow because i have a concert. Have a fantastic night.