Chapter 1

Kirstie walked through the store with her hood on looking at the aisles. Mitch, her partner in crime and best friend, was at the counter

"Sir me and my wife need to get to Arlington and we aren't from here. " he opened up a giant map.

"Sure of course!" He said

Kirstie walked seeing a box of granola bars and quickly shoved it in her purse as Mitch distracted the store clerk.

Kirstie walked carefully putting items into her purse. Mitch glanced over and Kirstie nodded slightly, letting Mitch know she was finished and put the last thing in her purse.

"Ohhhh I see! Thank you so much" Mitch said smiling warmly to the store clerk.

A man in a police uniform watched from farther down the aisle as Kirstie put the last thing in her purse.

"HEY!!" The cop said running and grabbing Kirstie, she gasped trying to pull away from his grasp.

Mitch couldn't leave her but he didn't know what to do. He did the first thing that came to mind. He ran and tackled the police as much as he could. Mitch was small in structure so hime tackling the officer didn't do much but it did however cause him to fall into the shelf and then land on Kirstie. Mitch angrily tried pulling him off of her by the officers hair.

Kirstie squirmed trying to get out from under the police officer. The police office spoke in his radio that was on his chest. "I NEED BACKUP"

Suddenly 3 officers ran in guns drawn surveying the scene. One ran pulling Mitch off of the officer, slamming him into the shelf, face first, and then handcuffing him.

Kirstie laid on the ground, face first pinned by the first officer as he handcuffed her. They dragged both of them out. "Show us your rank."

Mitch looked up at them suddenly frightened at was to happen and his eyes flashed blue. Kirstie looked up eyes flashing blue with tears....

"They are Omegas...." The Officer said softly out of breath "I thought they were Betas" The Officer who was tackled said.

One officer walked to the police car starting to call someone.

"Explain yourself. Omegas never should behave in this manner. You tackled an officer." One officer said.

"We were hungry.... a-and I was just scared... I didn't want to leave her... " Mitch said

"Don't you have a pack?" He asked

"No.... they left one day... and never came back. We've been stealing to stay alive sir..." Mitch said

Kirstie stood silently playing with her hair, keeping her distance and hiding behind Mitch. "Does she talk..?"

"Only to me. She whispers." Mitch said snottily standing aggressively in front of her.

"Okay it's okay." One Officer said stepping back.

"A-are you going t-to hurt us like our A-Alphas did?" Mitch said

"No we aren't. We are going to help but you have to trust us. Come sit in the car right now we're calling the council. You two need a new pack. "

"I already contacted the council and they have a pack that could help these delinquent Omegas" The Officer said walking from the car

"Alright settle down. They aren't delinquents they just have been mistreated and don't know how to act. They need a good home"

Mitch looked at Kirstie nervously at the mention of pack and she whimpered and took off scared.

"No Kirstie!!" Mitch said starting to run after her.

The one officer raised his gun "Stop!! Your just scaring her more!!" Mitch screamed.

"Officer STAND DOWN! It's an omega girl!" The other shouted.

Kirstie was corned against the car and sat down covering her ears.

The officer lowered his gun smelling her fear and confusion......

The other officer yanked his arm "You are just a rookie. Now wait in the car!"

Mitch ran hugging her closely "It's ok... it's ok..."