chap.1

Daeja .

"DaeDae , get up. let me hold a twenty. I get paid Friday, so ill pay you back." Aunt May said barging into my room. i reached into my bra and handed her the twenty she needed for whatever reason.

she snatched it out my hand, ''i outta not pay yo ass back shit. if anything you owe me more than a lousy twenty.'' she made a disgusted look and turned to leave out my room, ''Im working late so dont bring no nappy niggas here , be a hoe elsewhere.''

I dragged myself out of bed without a word dreading a new week. I can already feel the punches and hair pulling, i can hear the harsh names and the laughter. I did my usual morning and went to my closet to see what id be wearing today.

 i just decied to go simple with some sweats, a hoodie and my curly thick hair in a bun. I grabbed my old bookbag my mother gave me, my key, and my Mp3 player (i dont have a phone) and headded out the door down the sidewalk.

"If it aint about the money, dont be blowin me uo nigga i aint gettin up! if it aint about the money, aint no use to you ringing my line, stop wasting my time! if it aint about the money , now i cnt evn hear what you say i ain finna do shi!..." my Mp3 had sang on my way to school. I made a quick stop by Mcdonalds, because i knew that if i had gotten something and school, they'd know I had money and would have another reason to torture me.

I ordered a McMuffin and ate it on the way to school making sure to take the long way just to have a little time to me .