44

When they arrived back at Marley, Gabby, Tristan and Kelly's room, they burst in weary and overwhelmed. Marley's eyes searched for who she always searched for in every room, finding him exactly where she left him. He was scrolling on his phone, but he dropped it when he laid eyes on her. A dazzling grin lit up his features, "Spitfire."

Her heart melted as she gravitated towards him instinctively. He sat up in her bed and used her wrist to pull her between his legs.

"Hey." she murmured dreamily.

"Now I'm gonna puke," Tristan spoke up from behind her, causing Marley to jump and pull away. Aiden let her, much to her relief.

"Sorry guys." she breathed out, blushing profusely.

"Tristan's salty that she doesn't have a boo right now." Kelly grinned, barely managing to dodge the red pillow she sent careening towards her head.

"Shut up. I have Kane."

"Kane's a fuckhead, trust me." Aiden piped up before he was laying back down again, "You deserve better."

Marley watched Tristan's hazel eyes widen and though her dark complexion didn't allow for a really noticeable blush, she could see a small tinge of red. Marley felt a shot of something akin to anger race through her blood. She sat down on the floor by her bed, as far away from Aiden as possible. She could feel Gabby looking at her.

"Um...thanks Aiden."

His next words soothed Marley's doubts, "I'm taking a leaf from the Marley Hoover Handbook on how to be a decent human being. I guess? You matter to my girl so I'd be glad to kick him in the face if he isn't treating you right."

My girl. She'd never get used to that, especially coming from the most attractive guy she's ever met. He could have supermodels at his door, but for some reason, Marley is the object of his affection — who he loves.

It made her giddy enough inside to stand and sit beside his laying body. He took her hand and placed a kiss on the back of it, his eyes boring into hers with a staggering amount of intensity. Her skin was on fire, and she wondered if his effect on her would ever fade.

"Besides," Aiden shrugged, playing with her fingers, "You have Brendan by his dick anyway."

Marley gasped, "You noticed too?!"

He rolled his eyes, "I don't think it can get more obvious-"

"Okay couple goals can you two be cute somewhere else?" Tristan interrupted, trying to change the subject.

Aiden laughed and Marley watched him, because when he's carefree and happy he's more handsome than any other of his moods.

"You two can be couple goals later. Today is girls day so you're out Matthews." Kelly said.

Marley watched Aiden's laugh instantly turn into the most adorable pout, his blue eyes widening. Before she knew it he was yanking her down my her hand, so she was smashed into his toned chest, his arms coiled around her and his chin on top of her head. She couldn't even speak, her cheeks squished as he held her tightly.

"Mine," he bit out.

"Actually, mine." Gabby shot back from where she was sitting on her bunk.

"Excuse the fuck outta me?"

"Aidjwhh-"

"I'm her best friend since we were practically in diapers. I had her first."

Marley slipped her hands between their bodies with much effort, attempting to push at his chest. As much as she loved being close to him, this was no cuddling session right now, especially with three of her friends in the room watching.