47

Realistically, Marley should've assumed that her wish for a drama free night was borderline delusional.

She should've known that there was no way they wouldn't cross paths with her fan club.

She was so unsurprised by this current turn of events that all she was wondering about in that very moment was how Trish's lips weren't blue.

She was wearing a jean skirt that was barely scraping halfway up her thighs. Paired with a red v-neck, a push-up bra, and black pumps, she couldn't have been at all comfortable in this fall weather. Well, maybe she was gaining some semblance of warmth from leeching on Jordan's side.

They were currently on the side of the bathroom building, in the middle of a tense confrontation with their, by now, mortal enemies.

About five minutes ago, they entered the carnival and signed in with Jay (Conner was busy. That seemed to make Aiden very happy). After that, the first destination the girls wanted to go to was the bathrooms, so the guys waited outside, crowding the benches.

But where they left them wasn't where they found them.

When Marley left the bathrooms with the rest of the girls, Aiden was the only one left. He was standing, extremely agitated. His blue eyes found hers. He was scanning their surroundings rapidly as he approached. His head of dark brown hair was a mess — Marley assumed he'd run his fingers through it a couple of times.

Aiden grabbed her forearm, "Let's go. All of you. Now." he demanded, beginning to lead the confused girls away.

It was then that Jordan's voice echoed from behind them.

"Not so fast, Matthews. Did you think we wouldn't want a couple more hot girls around?"

Marley gasped and spun around, taking in what was in front of her for about a half a second before all she saw was Aiden's back.

Jordan was standing with Trish at his side, Colin on his other flank. Behind them was a standoff with their friends vs Leo, Alec, Jason, and Ryan. Something happened, something happened that they missed and Aiden tried his best to keep her out of it.

That plan failed as soon as Bree shoved her way past Jordan towards her boyfriend, Kelly following suit. Tristan and Sarah called after their friends, also heading right into whatever was going on. Marley felt Gabby's body heat as she scooted closer to her while she stepped to the right to see around Aiden's taut bicep.

They hadn't been here for ten minutes, and everything was already out of control.

"Why don't you back off and let us go. This had nothing to do with any of us." Aiden growled out words that meant nothing to her at the moment.

Jordan's dark eyes were lit up in amusement, his jaw ticking but his demeanour was nothing short of enraged, "I don't buy that for a second, Matthews. This has you and your self-righteous little princess written all over it."

Marley curled a hand around Aiden's shirt in nervousness, in tune to his emotions and his fuse now more than ever. He shifted on his feet but didn't move forward. Instead, his head turned to look around.

Their surroundings seemed to be emptier than the rest of the park, and there was a reason. Families with young children were leaving their group a wide birth, glancing behind them as soon as their backs were to the confrontation.

"We gonna do this here?" Aiden held out a hand to gesture around them, alerting Jordan to the watching eyes.

"You never want to do this anywhere." the blonde replied, his lip curling over his teeth in an animalistic manner, "We both know it'd be breaking your little promise, wouldn't it Marley?"