Chapter Two

Sage's Pov
"Ugh the anxiety is real," I whine pulling my hood up from my hoodie sinking down in my seat from the car, Katlyn let a small snort out from the drivers seat the car close in their neighbor it's been forever since I drove passed here. Everything almost still looked the same but you call tell quite a lot of improvements have been made.

"Oh please relax drama queen everyone is already at the house with everything packed up it will be fine." She called playfully her sunglasses rested just above the peak of her nose.

I had my knees rested up a bit my legs spread across the dashboard slumped a bit.
"That's easy for you to say she's your sister so you won't freak." I muffled out my response, that sent her laughing even more gripping onto the steering wheel.

"You also had the biggest crush to man kin-"

"Katlyn I told you not to mention that," I whined feeling my whole entire face already heat up.

Of course, I had to tell my best friend when we were younger how deeply attracted I was to her sister, She of course never told her sister by the oh so kind begs and threats from me but she knew about the kiss that we shared.

"Well it's true you did have a crush on her." She chuckled and I gazed at my high top vans in thought lightly swaying them a bit

"I did have a big crush on her didn't I?" I mumbled and Katlyn hummed to herself nodding.

"You did Sage and there's nothing wrong with that everyone has crushes." She mumbled.

"No Katlyn this wasn't just a crush... I was in love." I muttered gazing out the window watching the trees pass by and I chewed on my lower lip, "It's funny that I thought I had a chance because let's face it girls like that don't date girls like me." I called out chuckling and Katlyn flicked her gaze over at me with a sad look flashing across her eyes as she spoke something.

"Wise words someone told me once Sage...you lose something once you don't notice... lose something twice you'll miss it."

______________________
I just wanna sleep I whined inside of my head carrying bags trailing in behind Katlyn who was beaming with each of her steps, We all weren't gonna be leaving till tomorrow but their family cabin was a beautiful sight at that, it was surrounded by woods, lakes, and waterfalls the perfect place to relax.

Shutting the door behind me I slipped my shoes off dropping my bag off by the front door hearing all types of chatter and laughter coming from the living room.

But of course, I could recognize that one laugh anywhere already my heart was beating way too fast for my own good. Katlyn took a hold of my hand and with one good yank, she pulled me into the entrance of the living room.  I bit back a huge squeal pulling my braids to hide in the front of my face embarrassed hearing her exclaiming loudly.

"I'm back!" She yelled and I heard the voice call out first before anyone.

"That's right go ahead and yell as no one can hear you." I heard Ash chime out loudly and Katlyn rolled her eyes playfully as she giggled.

"Shut up- anyways I brought our last little friend." She cooed out in a nice little playful tune. I blinked and felt her yank me out again but I just kept my gaze down at the floor and felt all eyes on me.

I hated all the attention ever on me made me feel like everyone was just staring at me, studying me.  Katlyn squeezed my sides fast and I squealed loudly jerking away laughing and lifted my head up.

I locked eyes right away with Ash watching as her eyes went wide and the girl sitting in her lap gazed at me almost like she knew who I was.

"Guys you remember Sage she's my best friend from childhood," Katlyn spoke with even more helplessness hands still tickling all over my sides as quick as they could. Not till I slapped them away as fast as my palms could reach her. I waved a tiny bit watching as Ash patted the girl sitting in her lap off and she slides off.

Ash quickly hopped up and rushed over and I was shocked as she gave me a quite the huge hug.

I inhaled sharply slowly wrapping my arms around her and hugged her back as she lifted me up a bit and I bit back a really hard squeal. "Hey, Sage," Ash mumbled and I shyly hid my face a little mumbling back gently to her.

"Hey Ash," I whispered back as she smiles her face hidden on my shoulder she tightens her grip on me if more as possible.I played with her hair a bit as she set me down the both of us were too lost in the huge a loud clearing of the throat broke us apart.

Ash cleared her throat roughly as she felt everyone's gaze pulling her hair back.

"So um Sage that's Bella, then there's Jasmine, Ann, Amber,and then Liz my girlfriend." She pointed to everyone and my heart skipped a bit as Liz gazed at me and waves lightly crossing her leg over the other.

"They all are friends of ours," Katlyn called playfully as Bella snorted nodding.

"Known them both far too long." She joked.

"Oh trust me you love me." Katlyn snide back as Amber laughed tucking her hair behind her ear smirking.

"Same old same old," Ann muttered her accent coming out really smoothly. I smiled as Ash chuckled and gazed at me.

"I've known Sage since ever she was little treat her good alright," Ash called out sternly and Ann chuckled nodding.

"Trust us, Ash, she's in good hands with us," Ann commented and Ash raised her eyebrows amused.

"That's what I am afraid of." She responded and Jasmine's giggles filled the air as Ash tugged on my hand pulling me over to sit on the couch. I didn't wanna actually sit between any of the girls so I sat on the edge of the armrest and Ash lightly leaned her head a bit to rest on my leg and I left her be as I listened to everyone starts loud convos with each other.