Chapter 1

It was 1864. Carlisle was in his house with his wife, when he heard her groan. He rushed over to her. "Are you ok, honey?" Carlisle asked.

"I think the baby's coming." The woman said. Carlisle picked up his wife and rushed outside. He called their driver as he set his wife in the carriage. He got in and told the driver to rush to the infirmary. When they arrived at the infirmary, Carlisle picked up his wife and carried her inside.

"Hello Dr. Cullen." A nurse greeted him.

"We need a room and get Dr. Alexander." Carlisle said.

"Of course." The nurse said. Another nurse lead them to a room. A couple hours later, Carlisle was sitting in a chair, holding his daughter.

"She's beautiful." His wife said.

"Yes she is." Carlisle said, smiling at his daughter. "What would you like to name her?"

"What about Alexis?" His wife suggested.

"Perfect." Carlisle said.

"I love you." His wife said.

"I love you too." Carlisle said back. He went over to her and kissed her. Just then, his wife's heart stopped. The nurse that was in the room, called more in. They tried to save her, but they couldn't revive her. Carlisle looked at his wife, devastated. He would have saved her, himself, but there were too many people around. Carlisle took Alexis home.

A few weeks went by. Over the last couple of days, he noticed something different about Alexis. She was growing exceedingly fast. It had only been a month since they got home from the hospital and she already looked like a toddler. He had never seen anything like it. But then, there had never been someone that was half-human half-vampire before. He knew his daughter was very special. He started taking notes about her. Alexis walked into the living room and saw her father writing.

"Hi Daddy." She greeted him.

"Hey princess." Carlisle said, seeing her come in.

"What are you doing?" Alexis asked.

"Oh nothing." Carlisle said. "How are you this morning?"

"I'm good." She answered. "Can you read to me?"

"Sure." Carlisle said. He picked her up and sat on the couch, setting her in his lap. He picked up a book and started reading it to her.