Chapter 48

A few weeks later, Alexis was sitting on the couch with an IV in her. She was sipping blood from a cup. She felt terrible. Her father had been more prepared this time and had Alexis drink blood from the beginning. They had noticed that her pregnancy was progressing much faster than Bella's. Everyone was in the room with her. Alexis was up against Seth, who was keeping her warm.

"Have you thought of any names yet?" He asked her.

"I was thinking Jasmine for a girl and Jett for a boy." Alexis said. "What do you think?"

"They're perfect." Seth said, kissing Alexis.

"Carlisle, you should go hunt." Esme said.

"No." Carlisle said.

"Carlisle, you haven't hunted since Alexis said she was pregnant and you need to be at your strongest for when Alexis needs you." Esme said. "And you should go soon because I'm sure you don't want to be in the same position that you were with Bella where you weren't here."

"Dad, Esme's right." Alexis said. "You need to hunt."

"I'm not leaving you." Carlisle said.

"I'll be fine." Alexis said. "Go."

"I won't be long." Carlisle said.

"Take as long as you need to." Alexis said. "You need to be at your strongest." Carlisle kissed Alexis on the forehead and walked out of the house with Esme.

Later that evening, everyone was still in the living room. Esme and Carlisle has come back from hunting and Seth had gone to see his mom since he had been spending a lot of time with Alexis. He walked into the room. Rosalie and Bella helped Alexis up so she could hug him.

"Hey love." Seth said, hugging her.

"Hi." Alexis said. She went to sit back down, but she felt something crack inside her and she started to fall. Carlisle vampire sped over to her and caught her before she could hit the ground.

"Daddy." Alexis cried.

"I'm right here, baby girl." Carlisle said, holding her in his arms. "You're going to be ok." He carried her to his office and laid her on a table. He injected her with morphine. Alexis screamed in pain.

"Carlisle, you have do it now." Rosalie said.

"The morphine need to spread." Carlisle said.

"It will die, if you don't." Rosalie said. "Do it now." Carlisle thought for a moment.

"Get it out!" Alexis yelled. Carlisle picked up the scalpel and cut into Alexis. Alexis continued to scream in pain. She ended up passing out. Carlisle took the baby out, which was a girl.

"Rosalie, take the baby." Carlisle said. Rosalie took the baby from Carlisle.

"Wait, there's another baby." Carlisle said.

"There is?" Seth asked. Carlisle took the second child one, which was a boy. He handed the baby to Seth. Just then, Alexis's heart stopped beating.

"Damn it." Carlisle said. He injected Alexis with something and started doing compressions. After a couple minutes, her heart started beating again. Carlisle let out a sigh of relief. He stitched Alexis up and Rosalie and Alice cleaned her up

A little bit later, everyone was in the living room. Jasmine and Jett were cleaned off and wrapped in blankets. Seth was holding Jett and Esme was holding Jasmine. They were all waiting for Alexis to wake up.