Chapter 39

One Saturday morning, Alexis woke up and got out of bed. She wasn't really feeling well, but she just figured that she had a cold or something. She continued to get ready for the day. She walked downstairs and went into the kitchen. She made some waffles and then headed into the living room, where everyone was. "Good morning, Alexis." Esme greeted her.

"Morning." Alexis said as she sat on the couch and started to eat.

"This is late for you to wake up." Carlisle said. Alexis looked at the clock on the wall and that it was 10 A.M. That was late for her. She usually always woke up much earlier than this because of the fact that her family never.

"I guess I was really tired last night." Alexis said.

Carlisle looked at his daughter. He noticed something different about her. She looked really pale. Almost as pale as they were. "Hey, are you ok?" He asked, concerned. "You look really pale."

"Yeah, I'm fine." Alexis said. "I just don't feel well, today." She finished eating, went into the kitchen to put her dish in the sink, and came back into the living room, sitting back down on the couch. She was watching tv with her family, when she heard a car pull up and heard Charlie and Renesmee. She looked out the window and saw them pulling into the driveway. Alexis was surprised to see them. Renesmee had been spending the week with Charlie and wasn't supposed to come back home until tomorrow evening. "Charlie and Renesmee are here." She said.

"They are?" Bella asked. She looked out the window and saw them walking up the path. She went over to the door and answered it.

"Hey Dad." Bella greeted him. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Renesmee said she wasn't feeling well, so I brought her home early." Charlie said. When Renesmee walked in, Alexis saw that Renesmee looked really pale. She guessed that's probably how pale her dad said she looked.

"Ok." Bella said. "Thanks Dad."

"Bye Grandpa." Renesmee said, giving Charlie a hug.

"Bye Renesmee." Charlie said, returning the hug before leaving. They watched him get in the police cruiser and drive off.

"Are you ok, sweetie?" Bella asked Renesmee.

"Yeah, I'm just not feeling well today." Renesmee said.

"Are you sure?" Bella asked.

"Yeah." Renesmee assured her mother. "I'll be fine. It's probably nothing." Alexis thought it was weird they both her and Renesmee weren't feeling well.

"So, you both are feeling sick?" Edward asked.

"What do you mean?" Renesmee asked.

"Alexis said she wasn't feeling well either." Edward said.

"There could be something going around." Carlisle said.

"That's probably it." Renesmee said.

Carlisle went over to them and felt their foreheads. "You two are burning up." He said. Even though he was colder then them, he has been around them long enough to know what their body temperature was and know that they felt too warm for their normal body temperature. "Edward, can you go into my office and get the thermometer that's in the cabinet." Carlisle said.

"Can we also turn the heat up or get a blanket?" Alexis asked. "I'm freezing."

"Me too." Renesmee said.

"Yeah." Edward said. He walked out of the room and was back in two seconds with the thermometer and a blanket.

Carlisle took their temperature. "Yeah, you both have a fever." He said. "Why don't you guys rest and take it easy today."