Chapter 17

A month later, it was the day of Edward and Bella's wedding. Alexis woke up early and went downstairs. She walked into the kitchen and saw Alice making breakfast.

"Morning Alice." Alexis greeted her.

"Morning Alexis." Alice said.

"What are you making for breakfast?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes and waffles with bacon and eggs." Alice answered.

"Sounds good." Alexis said. She saw three plates on the table. "Why are there three plates?" She asked.

"I invited Bella and Charlie to have breakfast here." Alice replied.

"Oh ok." Alexis said. "Would like some help?"

"Sure." Alice said. "I'm just about done the pancakes and eggs. Can you start the waffles and bacon?"

"Yep." Alexis said as she got out a frying pan and the waffle maker and started making breakfast. As Alice and Alexis continued to make breakfast the doorbell rang and Bella and Charlie walked into the kitchen.

"Hey guys!" Alice said.

"Hey!" Alexis said.

"Hey Alice. Alexis." Bella greeted them.

"Breakfast will be ready in a moment." Alice said.

"Thank you for inviting us, Angel." Charlie said.

"Of course." Alice said. They finished making breakfast and set everything on the table.

"They rest of them aren't joining us?" Charlie asked.

"They ate earlier." Alice said. "They're finishing some last minute preparations for the wedding." Alexis, Bella, and Charlie sat at the table and started eating, while Alice cleaned up the kitchen.

"Hello Bella. Charlie." Carlisle greeted them as he walked into the kitchen with Edward.

"Hi Carlisle." Bella said.

"Don't come in the kitchen, Edward!" Alice said.

"I want to see my beautiful bride to be." Edward said.

"You can see her when she's walking down the aisle." said Alice.

"But." Edward started.

"Out!" Alice said, pushing him out of the kitchen. Edward sighed before walking away.

"Good morning, pumpkin." Carlisle said to Alexis, kissing her on the top of her head.

"Morning Dad." Alexis said. She finished eating and set her plate in the sink. She then went upstairs to change into her dress. She knew that Alice and Rosalie would be busy helping Bella get ready, so she went to see if Esme could help her with her hair and makeup. She walked into her father and Esme's room and saw Esme getting ready in the bathroom.

"Hey Alexis." Esme said. "What do you need?"

"Could you help me do my hair and makeup?" Alexis asked.

"Sure." Esme said. "Come sit in front of the mirror." Alexis sat in chair that was in front of the mirror and Esme started doing her hair. When she finished, Alexis looked in the mirror.

"There." Esme said. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you, Esme." Alexis said, hugging her.

"You're welcome." Esme said, hugging her back. Alexis went downstairs and saw her father, ready to go.

"There's my girl." Carlisle said, seeing Alexis come down the stairs. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you Dad." Alexis said. "You look good too."

"Thank you, sweetheart." Carlisle said. "Come on, help me finish doing some last minute things."

"Ok." Alexis said.

A little bit later, Alexis was sitting next to her father as they waited for Bella. They saw her walking with Charlie walking down the aisle. They got to Edward, Charlie sat down, and it started. That night, everyone was at the reception. Emmett, Charlie, Esme, Jessica, Alice, and Edward make speeches. They did a toast and everyone started mingling.

"You look beautiful." Alexis heard some say. She turned around and saw it was Seth.

"Hey!" Alexis said, hugging him. "Thank you." She looked him over. "You don't look too bad yourself." She said. She kissed him on the cheek. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good." Seth said. "You?"

"Same." Alexis said.

"You want to dance?" Seth asked.

"Yeah." Alexis said. Seth put his hand out and Alexis took it. They went to the dance floor and started slow dancing.

"The place looks amazing." Seth said, looking around. "You and Alice did a great job."

"Thank you." Alexis said. After a couple minutes, Carlisle came over to them.

"May I cut in?" He asked.

"Of course." Seth said. Seth walked away and Carlisle started dancing with his daughter. Alexis smiled as she danced with her father. After dancing for a little bit, Alexis grabbed something to eat and drink and sat at a table with Seth. As they ate, they noticed Irina, from the Denali coven, staring at them.

"Who's that?" Seth asked.

"My cousin, Irina." Alexis answered. 

"Why is she staring at me?" Seth asked.

"I don't know. I'll see if I can hear what she's saying." Alexis said. She used her super hearing to zero in on the conversation between Edward, Bella, and their cousins.

"I can't do this." Irina said.  "They invited one of them."

"Irina." Tanya said. Edward looked in Seth's direction.

"Seth is our friend." Edward said.

"They killed Laurent." Irina said.

"He was going to kill Bella." Edward said.

"I don't believe that. He was going to change. He wanted to be like us." Irina said. "I loved him."

"Come on, let's give Edward and Bella some time alone." Eleazar said. They walked away.

"The woman staring at you is upset with the wolves because you guys killed the guy that was going to kill Bella." Alexis said.

"The African American with dreadlocks?" Seth asked.

"Yeah." Alexis said.

"Oh ok." Seth said.

A little bit later, everyone was seeing Edward and Bella off to their honeymoon. Everyone left and Alexis was tired, so she went up to bed.