Chapter 21

Two days later, everyone was waiting for Bella to wake up. They were all in the room where they had Bella, waiting for her to wake up. Alexis, Rose, and Esme were cooing over Renesmee.

"She should be awake by now." Edward said. "Maybe I was too late."

"No. It's the morphine." Carlisle said. "Shouldn't be much longer, now." They all looked at Bella. "Let's give them some space." Carlisle said. Everyone walked out of the room, leaving Edward with Bella. Alexis and Rosalie sat down with Renesmee, with Jacob standing over them.

"You know you're going to have to tell Bella that you imprinted on Renesmee." Alexis said, looking at Jacob.

"That's going to be interesting." Emmett said.

"I'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Jacob said. Alexis, Rosalie, and Emmett smirked. A little bit later, Bella and Edward walked into the room.

"Welcome to the family." Esme said.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you." said Carlisle. Bella came over to Alexis and Rose.

"Guys." She said. Alexis handed Renesmee to Bella. Renesmee put her hand to on Bella's face.

"What was that?" Bella asked.

"She showed you the first memory she had of you." Edward said.

"How?" Bella asked.

"How do I read minds. How does Alice see the future." Edward said. "She's gifted."

"I've only been out for two days." Bella said.

"Her growth is precedent." Carlisle said.

"I think that's enough experimenting for one day." Jacob said, reaching for Renesmee.

"Jacob." Edward said. "She's doing great."

"Well, let's not push it." Jacob said, still going for Renesmee. Bella pulled away from Jacob.

"What's your problem?" She asked. Jacob looked nervous. Alexis snickered.

"Do tell her, Jacob." Rosalie said.

"This should be good." Emmett said.

"It's a wolf thing." Jacob explained. "You know we have no control over it."

"What's a wolf thing?" Bella asked. Jacob was quiet. Edward put his hand on Bella's shoulder.

"Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you." Bella said. "And take Renesmee." Edward took Renesmee from Bella and set her in her crib. Bella grabbed Jacob's neck and brought him outside. Everyone followed.

"You imprinted on my daughter!?" She yelled as she threw him into the yard. "She's a baby!"

"It's not like that." Jacob said. Bella hit Jacob and he fell to the ground.

"I've held her one time, Jacob. And already you think you have some wolfy claim on her." Bella said. "She's mine!" And you're going to stay away from her."

"You know I can't do that." Jacob said. "All I want is for Nessie to be safe."

"Nessie? You nicknamed my daughter after the the Loch Ness Monster!?" Bella yelled. She went to go hit Jacob again, but Seth, in wolf form, intervened. Bella hit Seth and he hit the tree.

"Seth!" Alexis said. She ran over to him. He changed back into human.

"Seth, I'm sorry." Bella apologized.

"Are you ok?" Alexis asked.
"I think so." Seth said. "Just sore." Alexis helped Seth up. As they walked towards the house. Seth grabbed his shoulder.

"Ahh!" He said, in pain.

"What's wrong?" Alexis asked.

"My shoulder." Seth said. "It hurts."

"Dad." Alexis said, looking at her father.

"Help him to my office." Carlisle said. Alexis led Seth to her father's office. She helped him lay down on the table. Carlisle took an x-ray of Seth's shoulder.

"It looks like your collarbone is broken." He said, looking at the films. "It'll take about a month to heal."

"Ok." Seth said.

Carlisle put a sling around Seth's arm and shoulder. "I would advise you to not turn until your shoulder is completely healed." He said.

"Ok." Seth said again. They all walked into the living room.

"I'm so sorry, Seth." Bella apologized.

"It's ok, Bella." Seth said.

"Are you ok?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah. My collarbone is just broken." Seth said. Alexis and Seth sat on the couch and watched tv.